elizabeth-gibson

Top 5 Songs… you can “feel” without understanding the lyrics

Elizabeth Gibson shares her foreign language Top 5

1. On ira – Jean-Jacques Goldman

The lyrics of this French ballad are gorgeous; however, it is the unmistakable love and tenderness in Goldman’s voice that define this song.

2. Liekkas – Sofia Jannok

Performed in Sami, a Northern European minority language, this song’s title of “warm” is very apt. The delicate chords spirit you to a cosy fireside.

3. O Anzol – Rádio Macau

This song’s Portuguese lyrics tell a grim tale but the tune is upbeat and incorporates brilliant harmonica work and a beautiful and unique voice.

4. Lluvia al corazón – Mana

The angst and adoration are clear in this Mexican rock track—even if you don’t speak Spanish, it is impossible not to sing along.

5. Dan yuan ren chang jiu – Faye Wong

I first encountered this Chinese love song in Beijing and it still never fails to move me. Simple but sublimely beautiful, as well as haunting.

Live Review: Kim Wilde at Bridgewater Hall

Legendary singer Kim Wilde’s The Greatest Hits Tour played at Bridgewater Hall – where she was joined by China Crisis.
Live Review: Aitch at Club Academy

Live Review: Aitch at Club Academy

Mancunian rapper Aitch played an intimate album launch show, combining old favourites and new numbers for a sold out crowd.
Leeds Festival 2022: Women Rule Most Diverse Line-Up To Date

Leeds Festival invited six headliners: Arctic Monkeys, The 1975, Dave, Megan Thee Stallion, Halsey, and Bring Me The Horizon to perform to sold out crowds over the August bank holiday weekend.
All Points East 2022: Disclosure bring the dance party to London

The final weekend of All Points East brought out the sequins and glitter, resulting in a huge dance party in East London.