Henry Holland Spring/Summer ’15

Chloe Collingwood on the newest collection from Manchester’s very own Henry Holland

This A/W we saw a hard-hitting mash-up of statement styles; from intergalactic metallics by Marc Jacobs to psychedelic urban prints by Christopher Kane, it seemed there was no stone left unturned in this season of standout innovative designs. However, we could not help but think: could Henry Holland be crowned the King of Statement with his show-stopping collection? Subtle is not the word that springs to mind when looking at the House of Holland A/W14 collection. With a dash of the 60s and a hint of the 70s, House of Holland took indulgent retro to a whole new level using high necks, oversized collars, A-line dresses and vintage flocked curtain prints… Bet you never thought your old aunt’s 70s decor would ever seem so trendy! Henry put this together with unusual contrasting colours, with grungy emerald green and candy-popping pink having a strong presence throughout the collection.

Another feature of House of Holland’s collection was the use of shearling on a variety of pieces, adding a broad structure to coats, and a luxe trimming to skirts and blouses. Henry made shearling extravagant and bold by layering upon it sparkling sequins and shimmering silk. We also saw a hint of chic sportswear in the House of Holland collection: with the opening model at his London Fashion Week catwalk show rocking a ‘rich bitch’ tee upon metallic tracksuit bottoms, here we can see the designer bring his trademark urban edge to his elaborate designs. And what more to love about Henry—he’s from Manchester! The now London-based designer has risen rapidly through the ranks, launching his brand House of Holland only 6 years ago, and now, with every new season collection, we simply love it more and more.

Does Hailey Bieber’s Rhode phone case signal the death of the handbag?

Hailey Bieber’s latest release, a phone case specially designed to fit a lip product, is just the next step in the ever-shrinking bag trend of recent years. Does this signal the handbag’s ultimate demise?

Get to know Oddmuse: Aimee Smale on doing ‘what people aren’t expecting’

London-based slow-fashion brand Oddmuse took off over lockdown on TikTok and other social media platforms – I picked founder Aimee’s brain on how to break into the fashion industry and her future vision for Oddmuse