kassi-allcock
2nd December 2014

One piece, three ways

Worried your festive wardrobe won’t go the distance? Kassi Allcock shares her budget-saving secrets

The countdown to Christmas has begun and party season is almost upon us! Although we’d all love to splash our cash on every sparkly thing that catches our eye, there is a cheaper alternative. Allow yourself to fall in love with one piece, simple and not over the top, so that it’s easy to style in a few different ways. Here is an example of how to have some fun with your festive outfits!
For my base, I have chosen a straightforward yet sophisticated black jumpsuit from Missguided which can easily be styled for every occasion this Christmas.

Option 1:

Photo: Kassi Alcock

Nice and easy, just throw on your favourite Christmas jumper like this one from New Look. This look could be used for a slightly more casual occasion; with the bottom half of the jumpsuit still making the statement that you’ve made an effort. Combined with some tinsel in your hair, or a cheeky Christmas hat, you’ll be the festive spirit of the party!

Option 2:

Photo: Kassi Alcock

If you want to add a pop of colour to your outfit, red is the definitely the direction to take and I love this gilet from Topshop. Faux fur is a popular choice this Christmas, meaning that you can also pick up a less pricey dupe in good ol’ Primark. By pairing this outfit with some blood red heels (and sparkly red jewellery, if you’re feeling brave), this option would be perfect for a formal event.

Option 3:

Photo: Kassi Alcock

The last option that I am going to present you with is a jewellery heavy outfit. Forget the jumper or the jacket – just go hard on those accessories. Whether you want sparkles and glitz or classic and stylish, a piece from your jewellery box such as this statement collar from River Island should add a festive feel to your outfit. Don’t currently own anything appropriate? Just another opportunity to pop down to Primark, leaving you extra spending money for getting royally egg-nogged.

Vivienne Westwood: The ‘Queen of British Fashion’ and her orb

We take a look at the life and works of the much-loved Dame Vivienne Westwood, from visiting Buckingham Palace commando to telling people not to buy clothes. Who was the Queen of fashion?

Make-up Soc’s guide to Winter glam

Check out the President of Makeup Society’s guide to winter glam makeup for the holiday season this year

In the Beauty Bag #11: Union Affairs Officer Sam Bronheim

Recent graduate and SU representative Sam Bronheim shares her beauty journey, tips she learnt from her mom and makeup bargains

Frosty elf chic: From the runway to TikTok, this seasons Winter trends

Winter trends are back with a boom and this year has seen a real change-up in Winter uniform, taking inspiration from several time periods, weather, and designer favourites from the runway