• Preview: money.co.uk founder speaks to Manchester entrepreneurs

gemma-sowerby
21st November 2016

Preview: money.co.uk founder speaks to Manchester entrepreneurs

Interested in starting your own business? Manchester alumni Chris Morling comes to university this week to inspire students to take their first steps into entrepreneurship

On Wednesday 23rd of November, Chris Morling, Manchester graduate and top entrepreneur behind the hugely successful comparison website money.co.uk, will be speaking to [email protected] and the Manchester Enterprise Centre as part of their impressive speaker series.

Money.co.uk was ranked as the second fastest growing business in the UK last year by The Sunday Times, who also placed Chris in the 2016 Sunday Times Rich List alongside a whole host of successful and renowned UK entrepreneurs.

This event will showcase Chris and his enormous talents, hopefully inspiring students and future Manchester entrepreneurs. As the event description explains: “Chris is [as] passionate about creating a working environment that’s fun, challenging, and rewarding as he is making sure customers are treated fairly by financial services companies.

“Money.co.uk has been voted as one of the best places to work in the country and appeared in the top 100 fastest-growing private technology companies in Britain for the past three years. He uses his unique insight into consumer and company behaviour to respond to regulatory reviews and help shape the industry, all reasons Chris was shortlisted for Ernst and Young’s Entrepreneur of the Year award earlier this year.”

The Manchester Enterprise Centre, based within Alliance Manchester Business School, are “recognised as a leader in enterprise education and aim to inspire, educate and develop enterprising individuals and enable them to positively impact the growth of dynamic organisations.

“Through enterprise teaching, learning and business start-up support, our students can capitalise on these research outcomes — transferring knowledge from the classrooms and laboratories to market opportunities. Enterprise at Manchester can be the driving force to improve the world in which we live — we have the knowledge and we need to apply it for economic and social gain.”

Chris Morling will be speaking on the 23rd of November at 5:15pm, in Lecture Theatre B, University Place.

Was there life on Mars?

New data provides further evidence for liquid water on Mars. Maybe we aren’t alone in the Solar System after all?