jenny-sterne

Nominations open for the Celebrate Week awards

If you know someone who has done amazing things within a Student Union society or as part of a campaign there is still time to nominate them for an award

The University of Manchester Student’ Union annual Celebrate Week awards are still open for nominations. Every year students who campaign, volunteer, fund raise or are part of a society within the Union are recognised with a variety of awards ranging from Outstanding contribution to the Students’ Union to Project Leader of the Year, with thirty-three award categories in total.

All students who have been involved with a society or a campaign within the Student Union are eligible to nominate themselves for the work they have done, or someone else they believe has made a difference within the Union, and you have until the 7th of April to put your nominations forward.

There will be two awards nights: one for the ‘Teaching, Community and Fundraising Awards’ on Tuesday 9 May from 19:00 – 22:00, and another for the Societies and Media Awards’ on Wednesday 10 May from 19:00 – 23:00.

It is free to attend the awards night, and all attendees are treated to dinner and some free drinks, but keep an eye out for the ticket link when it goes live as there is limited capacity.

Speaking about Celebrate Week a spokesperson for the University of Manchester Students’ Union said: “Every year, our members do some incredible things.

“Whether it’s campaigning for change, leading a successful society or hall, organising a great event, raising money for charity or just contributing your time to the Students’ Union; every minute you put in makes the student experience even greater. We wouldn’t be the Union we are without you.

“So with that in mind, we’re holding our annual Celebrate Week, on the 9 and 10 May in Academy 1, to celebrate all the wonderful and amazing things you do. Everyone shortlisted for the awards are chosen by you.”

To nominate for the awards simply complete the form here 

Universally Manchester festival: details released for the bicentenary celebrations

The bicentenary festival is set to run from June 6 to 9 with 150+ events across campus

Students’ Union will not adopt a BDS policy despite vote in favour

The motion, voted for by students in December 2023, passed with 89.6% of students voting in favour and would have resulted in the Students’ Union adopting BDS policy