jenny-sterne

Fallowfield Fete aims to encourage students to embrace their local community

Manchester Student Homes have organised a Community Fete for first year University of Manchester students to showcase the work being done within the community and how they can get the most out of their local area

Fallowfield’s first ‘Community Fete’ will be held in Tower Dining room at Fallowfield Campus on Wednesday 3rd of May educating students about the work that is being done within the local community.

On the 3rd of May 1-4pm Manchester Student Homes invites all students to attend Fallowfield’s first ‘Community Fete’ that will showcase how students can get the most from their time living within the local community.

The Fete will bring partners from the Students’ Union, Sports, Volunteering, Greater Manchester Police amongst others to provide first year students with all the information they need to successfully transition from halls of residence to their homes off campus, and to enhance the student experience.

Students will be invited to complete a circuit of exhibitors and collect a stamp for each stall attended and once finished a completed flyer will entitle them to an item from the barbecue provided by the Owen’s Park Students Association.  Partners will also have a host of goodies and freebies.

Cooper Healey, Manager of Manchester Student Homes told The Mancunion they were “delighted to have such a fantastic opportunity to give attention to all the work that is put in by various partners to make Manchester and Fallowfield an exciting place to live”.

For more information please contact Manchester Student Homes’ Community Cohesion Intern at [email protected]

Universally Manchester festival: details released for the bicentenary celebrations

The bicentenary festival is set to run from June 6 to 9 with 150+ events across campus

Students’ Union will not adopt a BDS policy despite vote in favour

The motion, voted for by students in December 2023, passed with 89.6% of students voting in favour and would have resulted in the Students’ Union adopting BDS policy

Pro-Palestine protest escalates as police forcibly remove protestors

The ongoing Pro-Palestine protest against the University heats up as Police are called in to move protestors, while the SU attempts to mediate the dispute