hannah-brierley

Review: Rubix Cube at Antwerp Mansion

The Mansion’s alternative offering to Pangea

23rd September 2017

As if the students of Manchester needed another excuse to dress up in their finest 80’s and 90’s get up, Antwerp Mansion gave us one more, with their night ‘Rubix Cube’. The disco and funk alternative to battle Pangaea.

The whole night itself reminded me of a psychedelic Doctor Who episode. Like the Tardis, the venue, at first, looks inconspicuous and discreet. For those who have never been, they probably begin to wonder if they’re in the right place at all. Which is one of the things I really like about Antwerp Mansion. This couldn’t, however, be more of the opposite when inside. Rubix Cube opened to be a whole new world which was inhabited with a muddle of creatures with glittery faces, psychedelic body dips and those who had raided their parents’ wardrobes as far as the eye could see.

The music was also a nice change. Most nights held at Antwerp normally fall into the house/techno/electronic genres, and whilst I love dancing to songs that have little to no words in them. I loved being able to sing my heart out to every word of old school classics such as the Eurhythmics, Michael Jackson and Phatts and Small.

This event knew exactly what people wanted and ran with it. The night was a booming success and was such fun from the start right until the last minute. There was honestly something for everyone and surprises around every corner as you ventured through the night. Bouncy castles, 4-foot Rubix cube, pole dancers and confetti cannons ensured that there were consistent surprises until the early hours.

Rubix Cube is returning to Antwerp Mansion on the 21st of October, where it aims to submerge attendees into an ‘electric dreams’ dystopian theme, still keeping the retro 80’s/90’s concept, as Halloween fast approaches

Antwerp Mansion has also undergone some lovely little developments now these days too — they finally have doors in their bathrooms. (Hoorah!)

Buy Tickets for the second installment of Rubix Cube here

https://www.skiddle.com/whats-on/Manchester/Antwerp-Mansion/Rubix-Cubes-Electric-Dreams-W-Psychedelic-dip-crew-/13060230/

Live Review: Aitch at Club Academy

Live Review: Aitch at Club Academy

Mancunian rapper Aitch played an intimate album launch show, combining old favourites and new numbers for a sold out crowd.
Leeds Festival 2022: Women Rule Most Diverse Line-Up To Date

Leeds Festival invited six headliners: Arctic Monkeys, The 1975, Dave, Megan Thee Stallion, Halsey, and Bring Me The Horizon to perform to sold out crowds over the August bank holiday weekend.
All Points East 2022: Disclosure bring the dance party to London

The final weekend of All Points East brought out the sequins and glitter, resulting in a huge dance party in East London.
All Points East 2022: Tame Impala let down by shoddy sound

Headlining All Points East, Tame Impala were let down by shoddy sound despite fantastic performances from Montell Fish and FKJ.