sampigott
1st February 2018

Recipe: Chorizo and Roasted Potato Hash

The perfect, indulgent and yet beautifully simple Sunday morning breakfast
Recipe: Chorizo and Roasted Potato Hash
Samuel Pigott

Ingredients:

• 4 large, parboiled potatoes
  •  1 tbsp each of dried thyme and oregano, smoked paprika, salt and pepper
  • 50ml sunflower oil
  • 200g chorizo
  • 1 large onion
  • 1 fresh red chilli
  • 1 tbsp tomato puree
  • 2 fresh bay leaves
  • Juice of one lemon
  • Bunch fresh flat leaf parsley
  • 2 large eggs

Method

1. Add the thyme, oregano, paprika, salt and pepper to the oil. Add this into an oven preheated to 190C and heat for approximately 10 minutes until it is smoking. Add the parboiled potatoes, diced into 1cm cubes, and toss in the oil. Roast for 35 minutes, or until crisp, turning just once halfway through.
  2. Dice the chorizo and add to a cold frying pan. Introduce this to the heat and fry over a medium heat for ten minutes, until the oil begins to come out from the chorizo.
  3. Dice the onion and chilli and add these to the pan, along with the tomato puree, the bay leaves and approximately 3 tbsp of water.
  4. Once the potatoes are cooked, add these to the pan along with the juice of half the lemon. Finely slice the parsley and season to taste, along with checking if more lemon juice is needed.
  5. In a separate pan simply fry the two eggs, ensuring the yolk remains runny, and serve this on top of the hash with a touch more parsley and seasoning.

Another tequila bar lands in Manchester, as Casa Pomelo opens its doors in Freight Island

Casa Pomelo delivers an array of tequila-based cocktails, with George Clooney’s ‘Casamigos’ as the main ingredient

The Alchemist Cosmic Supper Club review: Unlocking celestial delights

The Alchemist have launched an exciting new way to experience their magic with the new Cosmic Supper Club

Brunch at Santé: A slice of sun

Santé offers the perfect spot for a sunny al fresco brunch, topped off with student-budget friendly deals and a brilliantly Mediterranean inspired menu

Giving ‘Too Good To Go’ a go!

Is ‘Too Good To Go’ the sustainable, money saving app that students need to download?