tobysoar

Preview: ¡Viva! Spanish & Latin American Festival 2019

Celebrating its 25th anniversary, the ¡Viva! Spanish & Latin American Festival 2019 returns to HOME Manchester from Friday 22nd March to Saturday 13th April
Photo: courtesy of HOME

Celebrating its 25th anniversary, the ¡Viva! Spanish & Latin American Festival 2019 returns to HOME Manchester from Friday 22nd March to Saturday 13th April.

From film to theatre, live music to talks, the ¡Viva! festival brings the hispanic rhythm and fun to Manchester, enabling creative minds to expand the horizons of new audiences.

The works of is García Berlanga and Álex de la Iglesia, among others, will bring classic films to the screen. While José Luis Cuerda’s Tiempo Después is the film of choice to open the festival with its UK premiere and kicks off ¡Viva! ‘s themed strand for 2019 — esperpento, in other words, Serious Fun.

The full programme and tickets are available HERE, on HOME’s website.

Photo: courtesy of HOME

Eyes Wide Shut 25 years on: A feast for the eyes, a nightmare for the mind

As part of Cultplex’s on-going Movie Church series, fans of Stanley Kubrick’s Eyes Wide Shut celebrate his beautifully nightmare-ish film 25 years on

Mothers’ Instinct review: How far will you go to protect your family?

Academy Award Winners Anne Hathaway and Jessica Chastain have a 1960s face-off in this eerie, twisted game of cat-and-mouse

My formative film: Sprinkles of Stardust can be seen everywhere

How Ian McKellan’s narration, Robert De Niro in drag, and Mark Strong in a matted wig makes Stardust the perfect fantasy film

Jurassic Park: T-Rexcellent or bit of a Dino-snore?

Does Jurassic Park still hold up or would Spielberg have been better off leaving the dinosaurs extinct?