tobysoar

Preview: ¡Viva! Spanish & Latin American Festival 2019

Celebrating its 25th anniversary, the ¡Viva! Spanish & Latin American Festival 2019 returns to HOME Manchester from Friday 22nd March to Saturday 13th April
Photo: courtesy of HOME

Celebrating its 25th anniversary, the ¡Viva! Spanish & Latin American Festival 2019 returns to HOME Manchester from Friday 22nd March to Saturday 13th April.

From film to theatre, live music to talks, the ¡Viva! festival brings the hispanic rhythm and fun to Manchester, enabling creative minds to expand the horizons of new audiences.

The works of is García Berlanga and Álex de la Iglesia, among others, will bring classic films to the screen. While José Luis Cuerda’s Tiempo Después is the film of choice to open the festival with its UK premiere and kicks off ¡Viva! ‘s themed strand for 2019 — esperpento, in other words, Serious Fun.

The full programme and tickets are available HERE, on HOME’s website.

Photo: courtesy of HOME

Interview with Luke Davies from Polari

The Mancunion spoke with Luke Davies head of Polari, a queer production company based in Manchester about Queer representation, the art of filmmaking, and untold stories.

Shazam! Fury of the Gods review: Superhero sequel gets sidetracked

Shazam! Fury of the Gods is a feel-good film which falls short of its forerunner

The Untold Stories of Black Women: A Thousand and One Review

A. V. Rockwell shows the importance of supporting Black women in Sundance Prize winning feature debut: A Thousand and One

Evil Dead Rise review: Mommy’s with the maggots now

Sam Raimi updates the Evil Dead franchise with the gruesomely amazing Evil Dead Rise. From its effects, to makeup and its in-the-moment plot, this film will keep you immersed.