livwhite

The Show Must Go On! The Voice’s Becky Hill sings on street after water pipe burst

A burst water pipe won’t stop Becky from playing to her fans, writes Olivia White
Photo: Press Shot

Since Becky Hill first made her debut on the initial season of The Voice UK, the singer had signed a worldwide record deal with legendary Polydor Records in 2017.

After embarking on tour with her new single ‘Back & Forth’ and heading to a sold-out Manchester show at the Academy, this Bewdley-born vocalist found herself singing on Oxford Road instead due to a burst water pipe.

After the venue tweeted that they were “unable to open” and they were in the process of rescheduling the gig, Becky Hill refused to leave her fans unsatisfied. Instead, Becky took to the streets after a decision made by a WhatsApp Group. However, although she does admit that the spontaneous performance left her a bit “croaky,” she insists it was the right thing to do.

Becky became The Voice’s first contestant to score a UK No. 1 with ‘Gecko (Overdrive)’ with Oliver Heldens and has clearly still retained that fire and determination.

Catch Becky Hill play The Wardrobe, Leeds tomorrow night!

Hopefully, this time, inside a venue with working toilets!

Live review: Renée Rapp at the O2 Apollo

On the heels of her recent success as Regina George in the Mean Girls reboot, Renée Rapp performed in Manchester for the first time and what a night it was

Album review: The Foyer Project – In: Static

Dark, dramatic, devastating: the experimental, UoM-student-produced album has been remixed and reissued alongside a selection of previously-unreleased tracks

Everything Everything: “I’m just trying to reflect the effect of this system on humanity”

In advance of ‘Mountainhead’, Jonathan from Everything Everything talks to us about Manchester bands, capitalist realism, Stockport, and staying experimental

The 1975 live in Manchester: A romantic night at the arena

British pop-rock band, The 1975, brought their highly talked about ‘At their very best’ show back to the UK after a year, rebranded as ‘Still…At their very best’