jaydarcy

Preview: Awkward Conversations with Animals I’ve F*cked

Awkward Productions’ hit one-man show arrives in Manchester next month

After sold-out shows at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival last year, followed by a five-star run at the King’s Head Theatre in London earlier this year, Awkward Conversations with Animals I’ve F*cked is now coming to Manchester.

This critically-acclaimed fringe hit comes from self-funded company Awkward Productions. A darkly comic production, it explores love, acceptance and boundaries.

Going by the synopsis, the play’s provocative title is not a metaphor, but the actual subject of the play. “One-night stands are awkward. One-night stands with animals are more awkward.”

The play’s sole-character  has “too much love to give, and a burning desire to give it to consensual adult mammals.”

The tragi-comedy takes the form of a one-hour long monologue. Linus Karp is both the play’s sole actor and one of its producers. He plays the awkward Bobby, dressed only in his vest and underpants.

Created by Rob Hayes, the play is said to be ‘a hilarious and disturbing psychological examination of loneliness’. It will tackle mental health, focusing on ‘how toxic masculinity can undermine loving and healthy social connections,’ whilst simultaneously illustrating ‘the absurdity of society’s treatment of animals.’

The piece has received praise from the likes of Simon Amstell, Edgar Wright and Mark Gatiss. It has also received notable positive reviews from Time Out, The Stage, and Gay Times, amongst others.

https://twitter.com/SimonAmstell/status/498777433777405952
https://twitter.com/edgarwright/status/1121340530972086272
https://twitter.com/AwkwardProds/status/1119169762762866688

This production will see the reunion of the creative team from previous runs, with Linus Karp returning to his celebrated role of Bobby.

Awkward Conversations with Animals I’ve F*cked runs at the King’s Arms in Salford from 15th until 16th October.

Jay Darcy

Jay Darcy

Theatre Editor. Instagram & Twitter: @jaydarcy7. Email: [email protected]

The Most Wuthering Heights Day Ever was the most wonderfully strange day of my life

Jessica Hamilton attends The Most Wuthering Heights Day Ever at Holyrood Park
Palace Theatre Manchester is Having a Party

The Osmonds, a new musical by Jay Osmond about the notorious family music group, is coming to the Palace Theatre
After two years, 101 Dalmatians finally opens at Regent’s Park Open Air Theatre

Theatre Edtor Jay Darcy reviews 101 Dalmatians at Regent’s Park Open Air Theatre – a new musical based on the novel of the same name, which was supposed to premiere in 2020 – starring Kate Fleetwood
Review: South Pacific

Review: South Pacific

Theatre Editor Jay Darcy reviews Rodgers and Hammerstein’s South Pacific, starring Julian Ovenden, Gina Beck, Joanna Ampil, and Rob Houchen