anjasamy

Coronavirus false alarm at Oak House

A video of a man in a hazmat suit entering a Beech Court hall on Fallowfield campus is being circulated
Coronavirus false alarm at Oak House

The University of Manchester has confirmed that a video today showing a medical practitioner in a hazmat suit entering student halls was a false alarm.

The University has issued a statement to The Mancunion certifying that the student does not have coronavirus:

“Paramedics attended the scene following a 111 call. Having examined the resident they are content that the person in question is not at risk of coronavirus. Ambulance staff have now left the site.”

The event, which took place in Fallowfield campus at around 12pm, was caught on camera by first year student Charlie Gibbs and is being shared across social media.

Charlie told The Mancunion that he does not personally know the student who was being visited but that he saw the ambulance arrive “a little before 12pm” before leaving with the patient.

He then witnessed the ambulance return, explaining that it merely “dropped off the person and drove off.”

The flat is believed to be part of Beech Court in Oak House.

Updated 15:18 March 10th.

Anja Samy

Anja Samy

Editorial Advisor and Head of Manchester Media Group.

A rundown of LeadMCR election results night

The eight new SU Exec Officers were revealed on March 7 after two weeks of campaigning, as well as the seven NUS Representatives and the winners of the Union’s LeadMCR Alternative Awards

College Roundup: US edition

Enjoying this year’s University Round-ups? Here you can have a look across the pond at some of the drama from American Colleges

Manchester researchers find majority of women experience abuse while running

Over two-thirds of women in the study had been abused while running, with 58% reporting verbal abuse

Your new Exec team: LeadMCR 2024 results

Eight Exec Officers and seven NUS reps have been elected for LeadMCR 2024/25