jonathan-breen

Man falls out of moving car during ‘assault’

Details of the incident are not clear but two women have been charged with assault

A man is “fighting for his life” after falling out of a moving car during an alleged assault in Oldham last Thursday.

The 32-year-old man was found lying in the middle of the road but the car and its driver were gone.

Two women have been arrested in connection with the incident. They have been charged with assault and released on bail.

Police say the man was travelling in the back of a green Ford Mondeo along Stamford Road when he fell from the car and struck his head on the road.

It is not clear whether or not the man was pushed.

“At this stage we do not have the full background of what led up to this incident, so we really want to hear from anyone with information,” said Detective Inspector Massey of Oldham CID. “Its vital that we speak to anyone with knowledge about this incident.”

Universally Manchester festival: details released for the bicentenary celebrations

The bicentenary festival is set to run from June 6 to 9 with 150+ events across campus

Students’ Union will not adopt a BDS policy despite vote in favour

The motion, voted for by students in December 2023, passed with 89.6% of students voting in favour and would have resulted in the Students’ Union adopting BDS policy