edward-usher

Preview: Incubus @ Apollo

Californian rockers Incubus return to the UK this month following most recent album, If Not Now, When?
Preview: Incubus @ Apollo

It is a sad fact of recent developments in my music tastes that I rarely seem to listen to guitar bands any more. Former favourites have been cast aside, forgotten about, left to gather dust in the nether regions of my electronic collection. Barely any have survived. They just don’t seem to sound like they used to. The Beatles, Radiohead and The Maccabees alone hold the fort. And Incubus. For some reason the angsty Californians won’t let me go. I’m humming Drive in the shower; I’m whistling Love Hurts on the bus. Still listening to music I loved when was fourteen, walking angrily to school with a rucksack on my back and the weight of the world on my mind, makes my love of Incubus a guilty pleasure, severely undermining my perceived super-cool-music-taste exterior.

But this is all about to change. They’re coming to Manchester. I’m going to see them. I’m going to go wild. I’m going to proclaim my love to the world, via the medium of the Mancunion Music Section. Unless they’re rubbish. Watch this space.

Live Review: Lea Salonga at Bridgewater Hall

Theatre Editor Jay Darcy reviews Lea Salonga’s Dream Again Tour at the Bridgewater Hall
Live Review: Peaches brings her Teaches to Manchester

Head Music Editor Sarah Taylor reviews Peaches’ stop at the O2 Ritz on her Teaches of Peaches 20th anniversary tour.
Live Review: Horsegirl at YES Manchester

Kevin Thomas reviews Horsegirl’s enthralling show at YES Manchester
Saint Etienne Live Review: Back with a splash

Izzy Langhamer reviews the latest ‘Saint Etienne’ gig, which saw them perform latest releases from ‘I’ve Been Trying To Tell You’, as well as fan favourites and 90s hits