zara-zubeidi
31st October 2012

60 seconds with…Manchester Uni Confessions

We chat to the anonymous creator behind facebook phenonemon Manchester Uni Confessions

How did you come up with idea behind MUC?

I have a mate who liked a similar page for Portsmouth and then I went to find the one for Manchester. When I saw that there wasn’t one I just thought I might as well do it myself for a laugh and a bit of fun!

Why do you think the page gained so much popularity so quickly?

I really didn’t expect it to get so popular so quickly. It was really hard to start off but when I got some good confessions in, people were just sharing them and it just spread from there. I guess it’s something people like to read.

Have you come across any problems? 

There haven’t been any problems so far although I am expecting to get a contact soon. I know that I may have to change the profile picture at some point. Just need to get around to it. I can’t really see anything wrong with the page as long as everything stays anonymous. I am very careful about what is shared and if people send in the confession then that’s their choice to do so. I am not saying that I agree with any of them (as funny as some of them are!)

Why do you prefer to stay anonymous?

Just because I don’t want to get myself into any trouble. If I gave away my name then people might ask me to see the messages, become admin etc. As long as only I know the confessions, I will always keep it anonymous (I think it has a bit more mystery that way too).

What’s the funniest thing you’ve received so far?!

That’s a hard one really. If I had to choose one I would have to say the one about fantasizing over Crazy Bus Lady.

It’s got a lot of likes and it cuts straight to the chase. Having said that, I have kept some back in the inbox which are amazing- so look out for them!

If you could sum up the university experience in three words, what would they be?!

I know it’s four words but hey, ‘Work Hard, Play Harder’!

Mindfulness around Christmas

The joys of Christmas are not always felt by everyone. For some, this time of year can be especially hard. So, here is why its important to look after yourself, practise self-care, and have a more mindful Christmas time

Your guide to Manchester’s Christmas Markets

The Lifestyle section gives you our rundown of Manchester’s Christmas Markets, with all our festive top picks, in locations such as Piccadilly Gardens, Market Street, and St Ann’s Square

Handling a Hangover (the Scandinavian way)

A trip to Copenhagen reformed my world view on how to handle a hangover. Scandinavian girls just seem to have got it. So how do British girls get it too?

Empowerment through language: Stop putting yourself down

With Reclaim the Night in mind, the Lifestyle section has decided to unpack how the language we use to address ourselves and others has the power to change our outlook from self-doubt to self-confidence