Latest News:
Manchester Mancunion Logo

Fashion goes back to school

Lecture theatres are calling, and despite our desire to parade around in floaty dresses and floral headpieces, we must accept that the university year has once again commenced and stop deluding over the idea of a hot September. Nevertheless, why not embrace your studious status by filling your wardrobe with some of these ‘back-to-school’ trends that will have you starting the semester in style, even in the face of rain.

Vintage Renewal Tartan Pinafore Dress, £34.00 urbanoutfitters.com

The pinafore dress is everywhere this autumn/winter. Taint your schoolgirl innocence with a dash of punk in this Vintage Renewal Tartan Pinafore Dress from Urban Outfitters, £38.00. Wear it layered over crisp white shirts for a playful look, or when the winds get colder wear on top of a black roll-neck jumper to ooze edginess.

Blazer with Button £59.00 and Cropped Trousers £29.00 Zara.com

Bring sophistication and class to your seminars this semester with a trouser suit, a look that littered the catwalks in A/W12 and seems to be just as prominent this season. Zara’s pink blazer, £59.99 and matching cropped trousers, £29.99, beautifully fuse sharp tailoring and pastel tones to bring a feminine spin on this androgynous look. Team with silver jewellery and some black brogues for a look that ticks all the boxes for A/W 13.

Vagabond Kenova Buckle Flat Shoes, £80.00, Asos.com

Start the year with a hop skip and jump in these Vagabond Kenova Buckle Flat Shoes, £80.00. These leather shoes are the perfect transitional footwear from summer sun to autumn winds before we embrace our winter boots. Wear with a pinafore dress or pleated skirt to show off your studious style.

Nylon Quilted Backpack, Topshop, £32.00 Topshop.com

Be both practical and trendy this semester by investing in a backpack. Trying to balance piles of books while searching for your bus pass does not exactly scream poise and elegance. This backpack from Topshop is simple yet quirky. The nylon padding embraces 1970s punk while its black colour ensures that there is no outfit it won’t compliment.

Written by

contributor
No items found

Trackback from your site.