jonathan-breen
21st October 2013

Boy, 14, charged with sex attacks

A 14-year-old boy has been charged with a string of sexual assaults near the University of Manchester. The teenager, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was due to appear before Manchester magistrates court this morning, charged with five counts of sexual assault. Three of the incidents happened near the University campus. Police investigating the […]

A 14-year-old boy has been charged with a string of sexual assaults near the University of Manchester.

The teenager, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was due to appear before Manchester magistrates court this morning, charged with five counts of sexual assault.

Three of the incidents happened near the University campus.

Police investigating the crimes also arrested an 18-year-old man, who has been released on bail pending further investigation.

Det Chief Insp Colin Larkin said today, “I am extremely grateful to the public for all the calls we received this weekend after putting an appeal out for information in connection with these incidents.”

Jeremy Corbyn speaks to students at the Right to Clothing Campaign launch

Jeremy Corbyn announces the Right to Clothing Campaign at The University of Manchester, in a bid to make clothing more sustainable and affordable.
Queen Elizabeth II obituary

Queen Elizabeth II obituary

Queen Elizabeth II opened the University of Manchester in 2004. Following her death, we look back at her life and impact on the city of Manchester
UoM PHD student faces backlash over research paper on masturbating to comics of young boys

A PHD student at the University of Manchester has recently come under fire and faced a severe online backlash after a research paper he wrote about masturbating to erotic comics of young boys went viral.