nikki-patel

Lady in red

Nikki Patel shows us how to pull off sexy using minimal products.

The red lip and sexy eye combo is a look that will never date. But with this look, you definitely score yourself a rather hot one…

Step 1:

After priming and applying your foundation, using a soft, wide eye shadow brush, pat a matte brown shadow all over the lids as a base, bringing it up to just ender the brown bone. Next, define your eyes by brushing a richer brown into your eye creases.

Step 2

Now to bring your eyes to life. Using a shimmery highlighter and fine brush (here I have used Mac pigment in Naked) highlight the inner corners of your eyes. Using the same pigment and brush, gently line your lids to add a bit of glamour and really reflect the light. Create a rich shadow under your eyes using your original brown shade and a soft brush before lining your water line with a dark brown/burgundy liner. Finish it all off with a lick of liquid eyeliner and your favourite mascara. I recommend ‘They’re Real’ by Benefit.

Image: Writer’s own

Step 3

Now for the lips. Grab a lip liner in a deep red shade and after lining the outer lip shape, fill in the entire area as you would with lipstick. This acts as a failsafe lip primer to ensure that your lip colour stays put for the entire evening. Gently dab your lipstick of choice all over your lips, preferably with a lip brush. Here I have used Dior in 5th Ave which has purple tones but Mac Viva Glam, Revlon Matte in Forbidden Red and Mac Diva are all beautiful rich lip colours which would suit this look.

Image: Writer’s own

Step 4

Set your makeup with a matte finishing powder (Bobbi Brown is my go-to) ,dress to impress and you’re good to go. Happy dating lovebirds!

Horticultured: Manchester Fashion Movement brings great clothes to the great outdoors

First Chanel’s Metiers D’Art took place in Manchester last December and now RHS Bridgewater’s Horticultured unfolded in Salford showcasing some fantastic local and sustainable brands

My favourite jeans: Student journalists share their top denim picks

Looking for the perfect jeans? Look no further! Our writers and editors share all their top tips and fave pairs

Celebrity Style Guide #8: Dua Lipa and Callum Turner

We explore the style of up-and-coming couple, musician Dua Lipa and actor Callum Turner, from their day-time outfits to their after-party looks

Glossier: Cult brand or profit machine?

Glossier were famed for their Balm Dotcom and Cloud Paint Blush, but with product prices rising during a cost-of-living crisis will their cult status last?