nikki-patel

Lady in red

Nikki Patel shows us how to pull off sexy using minimal products.

The red lip and sexy eye combo is a look that will never date. But with this look, you definitely score yourself a rather hot one…

Step 1:

After priming and applying your foundation, using a soft, wide eye shadow brush, pat a matte brown shadow all over the lids as a base, bringing it up to just ender the brown bone. Next, define your eyes by brushing a richer brown into your eye creases.

Step 2

Now to bring your eyes to life. Using a shimmery highlighter and fine brush (here I have used Mac pigment in Naked) highlight the inner corners of your eyes. Using the same pigment and brush, gently line your lids to add a bit of glamour and really reflect the light. Create a rich shadow under your eyes using your original brown shade and a soft brush before lining your water line with a dark brown/burgundy liner. Finish it all off with a lick of liquid eyeliner and your favourite mascara. I recommend ‘They’re Real’ by Benefit.

Image: Writer’s own

Step 3

Now for the lips. Grab a lip liner in a deep red shade and after lining the outer lip shape, fill in the entire area as you would with lipstick. This acts as a failsafe lip primer to ensure that your lip colour stays put for the entire evening. Gently dab your lipstick of choice all over your lips, preferably with a lip brush. Here I have used Dior in 5th Ave which has purple tones but Mac Viva Glam, Revlon Matte in Forbidden Red and Mac Diva are all beautiful rich lip colours which would suit this look.

Image: Writer’s own

Step 4

Set your makeup with a matte finishing powder (Bobbi Brown is my go-to) ,dress to impress and you’re good to go. Happy dating lovebirds!

Frosty elf chic: From the runway to TikTok, this seasons Winter trends

Winter trends are back with a boom and this year has seen a real change-up in Winter uniform, taking inspiration from several time periods, weather, and designer favourites from the runway
Beauty advent calendars: The best of this year

Whether you are a makeup head, skincare junkie or self-care queen, have fun counting down to Christmas with these advent calendars. Here are The  Mancuion’s beauty team suggestions
Primark goes online – RIP sustainable fashion

Primark has announced they’re moving online. But why? Is this really necessary for an already successful company?
Extreme beauty procedures: The Botox craze

We look into rising botox trends that move beyond the face into the strangest places imaginable, like feet and bladders! Read about the doctors who perform these treatments and the reasons people are getting.