Bikini Body: Shape Bible

Kirsty Marsh on how to tailor your choice of bikini to your body shape

Body type: Luscious apples and sexy hourglasses

Celebrity Body Double: Christina Hendricks

• High-waisted bottoms are great if you’re self-conscious about your tummy plus they highlight your waist creating an hourglass silhouette.
  • Underwired, balconette tops with wide straps or a halter neck provide support for fuller busts. Feel free to go strapless if you’re feeling confident but good support is a must for big boobs.
  • “Skirtini” bottoms feature a small ruffle around the bottom and are a good choice for those of you who are self-conscious about your bum.
  • Choose block colours or small prints which won’t distort your figure. A busy print can also have a minimising effect

Pink lips print bustier bikini top, £16 and bottoms, £12, River Island (riverisland.com)

Do: Wear a bandeau top to show off your shoulders and opt for high-cut bottoms to lengthen legs but…

Don’t: Wear a tiny triangle, string bikini unless you’re a total exhibitionist and you want to fly out and flash everyone.

Body Type: Sexy Slim

Celebrity Body Double: Kiera Knightly

• Luckily you can wear most styles of bikini top; triangle, bra top, halter neck and ring bikini tops.
  • Ruffles, ruching, horizontal stripes and tie details soften an angular figure whist creating the illusion of a fuller bust.
  • Boy shorts give the impression of curvier hips
  • A plunging halter neck adds width to a small bust whilst the low neckline creates a focal point, enhancing your bust. A central detail, such as a ring or bow, has a similar effect.

Red Bow Eyelet Stripe Bikini Top, £16.99 and bottoms, £10.99, Kelly Brook for New Look (newlook.com)

Do: Be afraid to experiment with attention grabbing colours and styles; you’re amazing figure can carry it off

Don’t: Wear a straight bandeau top with no support. These will make small chests appear smaller and a boyish figure will appear flatter.

Body Type: Juicy Pear

Celebrity Body Double: Kelly Clarkson

• Balance your figure by accentuating your boobs; wear a bikini top with padding and take a look at some of the bust-enhancing tips for Sexy Slim.
  • However, whilst eye-catching pattern will draw the eye upwards, it’s best for pears to avoid any ruching, draping, pleating or large frills.
  • Try bikini bottoms with a side tie or a fold-over top and draw-strings. Waist detailing draws attention away from your hips and bottom and an adjustable style allows for the perfect fit.
  •  High cut bottoms will lengthen legs and slim thighs.

Peonie Floral V Trim Bandeau Bikini Top, £16 and Tie-Side Bikini Pants, £10, Topshop (topshop.com)

Do: Slim your bottom with dark bikini bottoms and accentuate your bust with a lighter top.

Don’t: Wear boy shorts as these will make you look shorter and wider.

Celebrity style guide #7: Lewis Hamilton

Not everyone would look to the Formula 1 paddock for style inspiration, but luckily our editors have some insight from Lewis Hamilton to help you elevate your wardrobe

What the Croc? Pringles x Crocs and other crazy collabs

We explore some of Crocs’ weird collaborations with brands, artists, and designers that have rocked the fashion world as of late

3D nails: Achieving new heights in beauty

Does the rise of 3D nail art in the wake of the ‘clean girl’ beauty era signal the resurgence of maximalism? Where did the 3D nail trend begin and where can you get your own unique set?

Zendaya and the art of theme dressing

Are Zendaya and stylist Law Roach the fashion worlds answer to Lennon and McCartney?