Top 5: Tech-cessories

Adrienne Galloway is all about the fashionable yet technologically savvy accessories
Top 5: Tech-cessories

Marc Jacobs Phone Case, Photo: Selfridges

1. Phone case
Scratched phones are a thing of the past. Having a case can protect your phone from shock damage, and companies such as LifeProof specialise in keeping your phone protected in extreme weather conditions. The fashion industry has recognised that dropping your phone unexpectedly can hurt a little less if it’s in a case. Almost everyone has invested in this little beauty.

Laptop case, Photo: Cath Kidston
Laptop case, Photo: Cath Kidston

2. Laptop sleeve
It’s not that attractive lugging round a massive laptop bag. Having your laptop protected can now be savvy and practical. Why not invest in a heavily padded laptop sleeve that is just as effective and can fit cosily into a handbag? Sleeves provide lightweight protection and a little fashionable lift.

Laptop skin, Photo: cafepress.co.uk
Laptop skin, Photo: cafepress.co.uk

3. Laptop skin and snap cases
Itching to personalise your laptop without damaging its casing? Laptop skins are affordable and can be personalised with any photo from your album. Stickers are great when it comes to making your laptop funky and by using a snap case you can protect the shell from scratching and avoid sticker damage.

Rose gold headphones, photo: Urban Outfitters
Rose gold headphones, Photo: Urban Outfitters

4. Headphones
In this modern age, a lot of time is spent on public transport—to me this means a lot of time spent wearing headphones listening to my favourite tracks. High street outlets such as Urban Outfitters have teamed up with Frends Taylor to sell super comfy, memory foam cushioned headphones. The interchangeable caps are also great to match your mood or outfit.

Mini speakers, Photo: Asos.com
Mini speakers, Photo: Asos.com

5. Mini speakers
These mini speakers are compatible with all iPods, smartphones and mp3 players—which makes them perfect for getting ready on nights out. Weighing only 50g, their compact size is ideal for carrying in hand luggage on vacations.

Since when was ginger ‘in’?

Since when was ginger ‘in’?

Since when was red hair in? Read our beauty article to find out why red hair is trending in the celebrity world and what it means for the real gingers of the world
Beauty is in the eyes of the colonizer

Beauty is in the eyes of the colonizer

We discuss the damaging impacts of western beauty standards on women of colour in society today. Ideas of beauty should not be restrictive.
In the Beauty Bag #8

In the Beauty Bag #8

Have a look inside the beauty bag of fashion marketing student Zahra and see what products she recommends, from hair care miracles to skin care must haves.
Accounting for Style #12 – Second Hand Retail Therapy

A second year student who loves second hand shopping and relies on retail therapy records her spending for the month