patrick-hinton

Top 5 Songs… about break ups

Five songs to help you through heartbreak

1. JoJo – Leave (Get Out)

As one hit wonders go, ‘Leave (Get Out)’ is one of the absolute best. A perfect break up song to show you’re totally over their shit: so much anger! So much emotion! And all from a 13 year old. JoJo’s career might not have lasted long, but it dazzled like a firework with the brightness of the sun.

2. Eamon – Fuck It (I Don’t Want You Back) / Frankee – F.U.R.B. (Fuck U Right Back)

Past generations, you can have your John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John, we don’t want your Nancy & Frank Sinatra. This was the defining (pseudo-)duet of our generation – and I’m well aware it came out in the same year as Beyoncé & Jay-Z’s ‘Crazy In Love’.

3. Justin Timberlake – Cry Me A River

“Bridges were burned, now it’s your turn to cry.” Break-ups are a competition channeling this song ensures you’ll come out on top. I mean, look at Britney and Justin now.

4. Taylor Swift – We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together

Like, ever. The sardonic disdain in the spoken word “find your peace of mind with some indie record that’s much cooler than mine” is exactly what we want to hear in a break up song.

5. Gotye – Somebody That I Used To Know (feat. Kimbra)

Ok, we’ll afford you a small amount of longing and sadness at the demise of your relationship. But eventually, you’ve got to accept it’s over and move on.

Live Review: Aitch at Club Academy

Live Review: Aitch at Club Academy

Mancunian rapper Aitch played an intimate album launch show, combining old favourites and new numbers for a sold out crowd.
Leeds Festival 2022: Women Rule Most Diverse Line-Up To Date

Leeds Festival invited six headliners: Arctic Monkeys, The 1975, Dave, Megan Thee Stallion, Halsey, and Bring Me The Horizon to perform to sold out crowds over the August bank holiday weekend.
All Points East 2022: Disclosure bring the dance party to London

The final weekend of All Points East brought out the sequins and glitter, resulting in a huge dance party in East London.
All Points East 2022: Tame Impala let down by shoddy sound

Headlining All Points East, Tame Impala were let down by shoddy sound despite fantastic performances from Montell Fish and FKJ.