Beauty tutorial: 70s Disco

Warning! Not for wallflowers and shrinking violets, this bold look is pure Studio 54 on the Sunset Strip!

For this look you will need:

• Foundation
  • Lightweight concealer
  • Bronzer
  • Pearlescent highlighter
  • Pink blusher
  • Brow pencil or powder
  • Green and blue eye shadow
  • Black eye liner
  • Black mascara or false lashes
  • Burgundy lipstick

Step One:

Photo: The Mancunion

Although this an evening look, you need to avoid a heavy base as your skin should look fresh and natural. Use a creamy concealer to cover any imperfections and a light, dewy foundation if you need more coverage. If you have oily skin, set your make-up with a light powder. Next apply bronzer to temples, cheekbones and jawline with a fluffy brush, ensuring you blend it well. Then dot and blend highlighter along cheek and brow bones followed by a fresh pink blush on the apples of your cheeks.

Step Two:

Photo: The Mancunion

Define your eyebrows as you would normally but make sure they are not too thick or dark. Then, using an angled brush, line the lower lid with blue eye shadow (use an eyeliner if this is easier) before applying green eye shadow to the upper lid.

Step Three:

Photo: The Mancunion

Now extend the green eye shadow outwards in a wing shape. Add definition to your eyes by lining your upper lashes with black eye liner, making the line as thick or as thin as you like. Finish off by applying liner to your waterline.

Tip! If you find drawing the wing shape tricky, try using a credit card (or similar) as a ruler, by lining it up with the outer corner of your eye and the tip of your eyebrow.

Step Four:

Photo: The Mancunion

Complete the look with black mascara or false lashes, some dramatic dark lipstick and as much glitter as you like!

Tip! For lip colour that lasts, apply lip liner first then blot the first layer of lipstick. Add a touch of translucent powder, reapply lipstick and blot again!

Products used:

Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation, £9.99, Boots
MUA Colour Pro-Base Prime & Conceal Palette, £4, Superdrug
Guerlain Terracotta Light Sheer Bronzing Powder, £34.50, Debenhams
Benefit High Beam, £19.50, Debenhams
Benefit Coralista, £23. 50, Debenhams
Sleek Brow Kit, £8.49, Superdrug
Sleek i-Divine Palette in Original, £7.99, Superdrug
Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Timeless Black, £4.99, Superdrug
Rimmel London Wonder’full Mascara, £7.99, Superdrug
Christian Dior Rouge Dior Lipstick in Fifth Avenue, £26, Debenhams

Does Hailey Bieber’s Rhode phone case signal the death of the handbag?

Hailey Bieber’s latest release, a phone case specially designed to fit a lip product, is just the next step in the ever-shrinking bag trend of recent years. Does this signal the handbag’s ultimate demise?

Get to know Oddmuse: Aimee Smale on doing ‘what people aren’t expecting’

London-based slow-fashion brand Oddmuse took off over lockdown on TikTok and other social media platforms – I picked founder Aimee’s brain on how to break into the fashion industry and her future vision for Oddmuse