The first few weeks at university are always a bit of a whirlwind. We’ve all been there. You wake up feeling not so bright-eyed and bushy-tailed to find that you have a lecture or an important meeting in less than 20 minutes. Have no fear; this emergency makeup look will get you up and out of the door in no time, looking a lot fresher than you did five minutes ago…
1. FACE: No time for foundation. Blending takes time, and a badly-blended base on dry, tired skin can look a lot worse than if you just hadn’t bothered in the first place. Moisture is essential for tired, dehydrated skin, so apply liberally and your skin will thank you for it. Dab a bit of concealer under the eyes and on any blemishes, and move on!Photo: The Mancunion
2. BROWS: If this is a step you can’t justify skipping in your routine, set aside the pencil or gel, and simply brush them through with a tinted gel for maximum efficiency.
3. EYES: Curl your lashes and apply mascara. Ensuring that you include this step will make your eyes look a lot less dozy. For an added boost of brightness, line the waterline with a nude kohl pencil and dab a highlighter-shade powder in the inner corners. Black eyeliner in a rush can get messy and unpleasant.Photo: The Mancunion
4. CHEEKS: Blusher is your best friend today. Take heed to not go too overbroad however, for fear of turning up on campus looking more musical theatre than lecture theatre.
5. LIPS: Throw a tinted lip balm into your bag and apply on the go. You can swipe it on hastily on the bus or after you’ve necked your coffee en route.
Finished—with 12 seconds to spare.
Copyright © The Mancunion
Powered By Spotlight Studios
0161 275 2930 University of Manchester’s Students’ Union, Oxford Rd, Manchester M13 9PR