millie-kershaw

Makeup Corner: emergency makeup

Having a bit of a makeup crisis? Follow Millie Kershaw’s 4-minute emergency makeup guide to transform from bed bug to beauty queen

The first few weeks at university are always a bit of a whirlwind. We’ve all been there. You wake up feeling not so bright-eyed and bushy-tailed to find that you have a lecture or an important meeting in less than 20 minutes. Have no fear; this emergency makeup look will get you up and out of the door in no time, looking a lot fresher than you did five minutes ago…

1. FACE: No time for foundation. Blending takes time, and a badly-blended base on dry, tired skin can look a lot worse than if you just hadn’t bothered in the first place. Moisture is essential for tired, dehydrated skin, so apply liberally and your skin will thank you for it. Dab a bit of concealer under the eyes and on any blemishes, and move on!

Photo: The Mancunion

2. BROWS: If this is a step you can’t justify skipping in your routine, set aside the pencil or gel, and simply brush them through with a tinted gel for maximum efficiency.

3. EYES: Curl your lashes and apply mascara. Ensuring that you include this step will make your eyes look a lot less dozy. For an added boost of brightness, line the waterline with a nude kohl pencil and dab a highlighter-shade powder in the inner corners. Black eyeliner in a rush can get messy and unpleasant.

Photo: The Mancunion

4. CHEEKS: Blusher is your best friend today. Take heed to not go too overbroad however, for fear of turning up on campus looking more musical theatre than lecture theatre.

5. LIPS: Throw a tinted lip balm into your bag and apply on the go. You can swipe it on hastily on the bus or after you’ve necked your coffee en route.

Finished—with 12 seconds to spare.

Horticultured: Manchester Fashion Movement brings great clothes to the great outdoors

First Chanel’s Metiers D’Art took place in Manchester last December and now RHS Bridgewater’s Horticultured unfolded in Salford showcasing some fantastic local and sustainable brands

My favourite jeans: Student journalists share their top denim picks

Looking for the perfect jeans? Look no further! Our writers and editors share all their top tips and fave pairs

Celebrity Style Guide #8: Dua Lipa and Callum Turner

We explore the style of up-and-coming couple, musician Dua Lipa and actor Callum Turner, from their day-time outfits to their after-party looks

Glossier: Cult brand or profit machine?

Glossier were famed for their Balm Dotcom and Cloud Paint Blush, but with product prices rising during a cost-of-living crisis will their cult status last?