matthew-staite

Preview – SIDEXSIDE (2nd April 2016)

An all-star line up of DJs in one of the coolest venues in London, SIDEXSIDE Festival is set to add a bit of spice to the Easter Holidays
Preview – SIDEXSIDE (2nd April 2016)

Despite being the new kids on the block, SIDEXSIDE is already looking to be a tour de force for dance music fans looking for a party in London over the Easter holidays. With a FOMO inducing set of headliners consisting of Carl Cox, Seth Troxler and Joris Voorn announced in January, an all-star roster of DJs were added to the bill last week—including Andhim, Loco Dice, Kölsch and Craig Richards.

With a rather unique running time (the event starts at 12pm and ends at 10.30pm), Cox, Troxler and Voorn have time to push boundaries, and dig deeper into their record collections with the entire day as their blank canvas. Perhaps most exciting of all is that each of the three headliners will be collaborating with the other artists, playing in their respective rooms. This includes a collaborative set by Joris Voorn and Kölsch—perhaps our favourite set of this year’s Warehouse Project series, who have us hooked on their every beat in a set that found the perfect balance between euphoric and intense.

Not just a stellar line up, SIDEXSIDE will take place at Tobacco Docks, a recently converted 19th century warehouse in Wapping that is one of the UK’s coolest new venues. From its magnificent Great Gallery to its low-ceilinged Little Gallery, revellers can expect to lose themselves in the day-long music spectacular and still get home in time for a good night’s sleep. We’ve been told to “expect forgotten classics, hidden treasures and guilty pleasures”. You have been warned.

You can read our interview with Kölsch here.

Live Review: Lea Salonga at Bridgewater Hall

Theatre Editor Jay Darcy reviews Lea Salonga’s Dream Again Tour at the Bridgewater Hall
Live Review: Peaches brings her Teaches to Manchester

Head Music Editor Sarah Taylor reviews Peaches’ stop at the O2 Ritz on her Teaches of Peaches 20th anniversary tour.
Live Review: Horsegirl at YES Manchester

Kevin Thomas reviews Horsegirl’s enthralling show at YES Manchester
Saint Etienne Live Review: Back with a splash

Izzy Langhamer reviews the latest ‘Saint Etienne’ gig, which saw them perform latest releases from ‘I’ve Been Trying To Tell You’, as well as fan favourites and 90s hits