ellen-fouweather

Easy no-bake Oreo cheesecake

Whip up this creamy Oreo cheesecake using only four ingredients and your microwave

Ingredients:

– 200g Oreos

– 50g butter

– 400g cream cheese

– 200g white chocolate

– Optional decoration: an extra few Oreos to crumble on top

Equipment:

– 20cm Cake Tin

– Microwave

– Rolling pin

– Large sandwich bag

Method:

Put the Oreos in a large sandwich bag and use a rolling pin to crush them up into fine crumbs. Cut up the butter into chunks and microwave for 1 minute. Mix the Oreos and melted butter and press into a cake tin to make the base.

Next, break the white chocolate into chunks and microwave for 30 seconds. Remove from microwave, stir, and microwave for another 30 seconds. Repeat this until the chocolate is completely melted. It is really important to only microwave the chocolate in 30 second bursts, stirring in between, so that it does not burn.

Once the chocolate is melted, beat it into the cream cheese and pour onto the base. Decorate with some more crushed-up Oreos and leave in the fridge to set for 2 hours.

Note:

If you don’t have all the equipment, you can improvise! Rather than using a cake tin, you can press the biscuit base onto a flat plate and then build up the filling on top. It won’t look as neat, but will still taste the same. Similarly, you can use pretty much any heavy object from your kitchen to crush up the Oreos (or you could bash the bag of Oreos against all the hard surfaces in your kitchen, though this can scare housemates).

Another tequila bar lands in Manchester, as Casa Pomelo opens its doors in Freight Island

Casa Pomelo delivers an array of tequila-based cocktails, with George Clooney’s ‘Casamigos’ as the main ingredient

The Alchemist Cosmic Supper Club review: Unlocking celestial delights

The Alchemist have launched an exciting new way to experience their magic with the new Cosmic Supper Club

Brunch at Santé: A slice of sun

Santé offers the perfect spot for a sunny al fresco brunch, topped off with student-budget friendly deals and a brilliantly Mediterranean inspired menu

Giving ‘Too Good To Go’ a go!

Is ‘Too Good To Go’ the sustainable, money saving app that students need to download?