• Take part in RAG’s Raid for Action Against Hunger

rosa-simonet

Take part in RAG’s Raid for Action Against Hunger

“Get in fancy dress with us and make a difference by raising vital funds for an incredible cause!”

RAG Manchester will be heading to Liverpool this Friday to “fight for a world free from hunger.”

Current Chair of RAG said “This is a chance to join our awesome team, get in some fancy dress and have a fun day out in Liverpool while raising for the lifesaving work of Action Against Hunger. Since it is World Food Day, we have an incredible opportunity to raise even more, with every donation being doubled by the UK Government! Come along, have fun and double the impact!

“Manchester RAG is the University’s fundraising society – every year we raise hundreds of thousands for different charities, and we want as many people as possible to join the team for our first event of the year, which is a RAG RAID in Liverpool to raise for Action Against Hunger.”

The matched funds will go towards Action Against Hunger’s Healthy Mums Healthy Kids appeal. Mums and Kids in Senegal will be provided with the nutrition and support they need.

How do your donations help?
Action Against Hunger said one pound “could feed a malnourished child for a day”.
“£42 could provide a malnourished child with the life-saving treatment they need to regain health”.
“£200 could pay for basic cooking demonstrations so 20 mums-to-be can learn to create healthy, diversified diet on very limited resources.”

Last year, Action Against Hunger helped over 14.7 million people. Taking part would not only help RAG and Action Against Hunger’s appeal but would look great on your C.V. Representing RAG for a major fundraising appeal opens many doors and provides opportunities to network within and beyond the fundraising society.

To find out more, here’s a link to the Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1515661901804905/permalink/1515702281800867/

Staff satisfaction declining, new survey finds

The University of Manchester’s new staff survey has found staff are less satisfied with pay, benefits, and their overall wellbeing

“Appetite” for escalation, says UoM Rent Strike

The University of Manchester Rent Strike claims to have withheld half a million pounds in rent, and have threatened to escalate the strike further