nicolelloyd

Being called a Brat has never felt so good

Blast from the past or fashion icon?

We can now say that our childhood fashion icons are now back, and have taken social media by storm. Bratz are no longer just an inspiration to tiny tots, but to the youngwomen of tomorrow. The brand with the mantra “It’s good to be yourself; It’s good to be Bratz” is back by popular demand, inspiring young girl’s wardrobes everywhere.

The #Bratzchallenge is trending across Instagram and Twitter, girls are trying their hardest to pay homage to the fantastic five-some. The new trend involves girls doing their makeup in the style of Bratz with dramatic eyebrows, full eyelashes, lip liner, glossy lips, and edgy clothing. Even celebrities have been compared to Bratz dolls over the years with the likes of people like kylie Jenner, Rihanna, The Spice Girls etc. Just a bunch of Bratz really. Looking like a doll is no longer just for Halloween.

Bratz is an American product line of fashion dolls and merchandise by MGA, originally consisting of four but later expanding to five dolls in 2015 (Cloe, Yasmin, Sasha, Raya, Jade), they took over 40 per cent of the fashion doll market. The dolls rock fashion-forward clothing, always following pop culture trends closely.

The team behind the dolls are real-life fashion designers. They have designed for real people, including many famous faces, such as Cher. They’re commonly associated with big chunky platform boots, flared trousers, glitter and more glitter. Anything trending in fashion pop culture; you name it, Bratz have worn it.

It’s possible to get the Bratz look whilst keeping on the student budget. Brands such as NYX offer an array of high quality pigmented palettes, from Smokey eye to bright popping eyeshadow. Morphes 35 c and 35 b palette offer bright bold colours from greens to pinks if you’re looking to stand out, not to mention Morphe is in the holy grail of makeup bloggers eyeshadow palettes. You can’t forget the glossy lip accompanied by lip liner.

Brands such as Fenty Beauty, NYX, kiko, L.A. colors or even a £1 lip gloss, can get the job done. Glitter, glitter and more glitter cannot be forgotten, that blinding highlight is calling for you. Makeup revolution, Primark, kiko are examples of cheap but dazzling highlighters perfect for that bratz look. Just remember be inventive, be you, just put a little Bratz on it.

Decoding the phenomenon: What lies behind celebrities launching beauty brands?

Why are so many celebs leaving the spotlight and reaching into the realm of cosmetics to launch their own beauty brands?

Celebrity style guide #3: Sabrina Carpenter

If you’re looking to recreate Sabrina’s feminine, pop-star style then look no further because we have a guide just for you

On screen style report #6: Charlotte York

What would Park Avenue princess Charlotte York’s style be around the streets of the Upper East Side in 2024? Enter Ralph Lauren, Burberry, and Chanel…

Influencing goes deeper than we think

We think of influencing as simple: someone you like online tells you to buy something, and you do, like the good little consumer that you are. Maybe it’s not that straightforward