aliya-ismangil

Explore the latest technology at DigiLab

The free event comes back to the Alan Gilbert Learning Commons this Thursday the 30th of November

Organised by the University of Manchester Library team, the DigiLab event allows students and staff to try out the latest ground-breaking technology. Ever wanted to try out virtual reality glasses? Now’s your chance.

This week’s session welcomes special guest Inspyro, a company that specialises in creating content for augmented reality, virtual reality, and 3D graphics. They’ll be demonstrating their newly developed interactive VR content to be used in schools and education.

You’ll also have the chance to try the famous Oculus Rift glasses to explore virtual worlds, use Samsung’s Gear VR, learn how to create your own alternate reality content with ZapWorks, and much more.

“DigiLab was great! I really loved interacting with the latest in virtual reality and even got to take a headset home,” says Aisha Shariff, a student who attended a previous event.

You can find DigiLab on the Lower Ground floor of the Alan Gilbert Learning Commons, on Thursday the 30th of November from 10am–4pm. The event runs on a drop-in basis with no need to book.

The DigiLab team also offer a Code Club, that runs every Thursday between 4pm–6pm, also at the Alan Gilbert Learning Commons. Students or members of staff who are looking to get started with coding, have any questions about code, or who are looking to collaborate on a coding project are welcome to come along.

You can follow @UoMDigiLab on Twitter for updates, email [email protected] with any questions or visit their website www.manchester.ac.uk/library/digilab for more information.

How to claim the University of Manchester’s cost-of-living payment

All full-time students at the University of Manchester are eligible for £170 payments for the cost-of-living crisis, here’s how you can claim yours…
University Watch November: What’s going on around the UK?

A round-up of some of the big news from other Universities in the UK this November
Series of ‘teach-outs’ kick off first two days of UCU strikes

The first two days of UCU strikes saw teach-outs on topics including freedom in Iran, industrial action, and alternatives to capitalism
“Come and join us” says Jo Grady at UCU strikes

The General Secretary of the UCU spoke to picketers on the first day of strike action