amy-nguyen

Vogue: Enninful’s Era

Edward Enninful’s first issue as the new editor-in-chief of British Vogue looks set to be a memorable one

We can hedge our bets that the 2017 December issue of British Vogue has been one of the best-selling covers in recent times for Conde Nast. Following Alexandra Shulman’s departure of the leading fashion publication earlier this year after a staggering reign of 25 years, Edward Enninful is now at the helm of Vogue’s editorial team.

Edward Enninful prior to this gained a repertoire of experience from no less than W magazine where he was style director and has also served stints contributing to Italian and American Vogue. Enninful marked his stakes in the fashion world when at the ripe age of 18 was positioned as Fashion Director of i-D magazine, making him the youngest ever fashion director for an international publication.

The industry’s finest commemorated the birth of Enninful’s new era at a glitzy affair at London’s The River Café where the likes of Gigi Hadid accessorised her look with the glossy new December edition and that alone.

The narrative of this issue is clear, Great Britain and celebration of all things we as a nation stand for. The pages are infiltrated with words from key players in the game such as Victoria Beckham, Grace Coddington, and Christopher Bailey. Zayn Malik’s touching love letter to his Northern hometown of Bradford and the dialogue between supermodel Naomi Campbell and Mayor of London, Sadiq Khan create a sense of British pride.

With notes from Skepta to the mentions of the late Steve McQueen, Enninful and his team have compiled an issue that will be treasured on my bookshelf for many years to come! Fashion contributors in following issues will include Kate Moss as well as the rising model and activist Adwoah Aboah.

As we see the likes of Alexandra and her right-hand woman and ex-Vogue Fashion Director Lucinda Chambers enter into new projects with Business of Fashion, I am eagerly anticipating the new journey and direction of my favourite magazine. Some find the tides of change overbearing but I for one welcome the new wave of Enninful.

Does Hailey Bieber’s Rhode phone case signal the death of the handbag?

Hailey Bieber’s latest release, a phone case specially designed to fit a lip product, is just the next step in the ever-shrinking bag trend of recent years. Does this signal the handbag’s ultimate demise?

Get to know Oddmuse: Aimee Smale on doing ‘what people aren’t expecting’

London-based slow-fashion brand Oddmuse took off over lockdown on TikTok and other social media platforms – I picked founder Aimee’s brain on how to break into the fashion industry and her future vision for Oddmuse