nicolewootoncane

Withington to host community litter pick

Students are being encouraged by the civic society to participate in the event
Credit: Ebrahim @ Wikimedia Commons

Withington Village is holding a community litter pick after the success of similar events over the course of 2017.

The event is organised by Withington Civic Society, who aim to protect and improve the environment and facilities available in Withington. The area is a popular place to live for students in Manchester, as well as housing families and young professionals.

A spokesperson for the event told The Mancunion: “Withington is home to many residents and to university students as well. To keep it an attractive place, we all can help. Litter is always a problem and a ‘litter pick’ creates a clean and attractive centre for us all. It would be great to have students along to help, whether or not you live in Withington. It is not only worthwhile but fun as well”.

The litter pick will take place on the 17th of March and convene outside the library. A celebration event is also being held in May, which offers an opportunity for students to engage with the local community and take part in activities offered.

To find out more, students can search ‘Withington Village Litter Pick’ on Facebook or email Withington Civic Society at [email protected].

Nicole Wootton-Cane

Nicole Wootton-Cane

Deputy Editor of The Mancunion