ethan-davies
21st September 2018

Q and A: Tom Zanetti

Tom Zanetti answered some quick-fire questions ahead of his show at the O2 Ritz
Q and A: Tom Zanetti
Photo: Academy Music Group

As part of the VK Electric Tour, musician Tom Zanetti answered a few of our quick-fire questions.

What can people expect from your headline performance on the VK Electric tour? And what
are you expecting from the crowds? 
People can expect high energy, we don’t do things half hearted. I put 110% into every party. Of
course, it goes without saying you can expect some absolute bangers. It’s going to go off!!

You’re going to be playing new material at these events, what else have you got up your
sleeve for us?
We have been in the studio quite a lot recently and I have space in October and the whole of
November off to spend 24/7 in the studio to really concentrate on making music. So, keep your eyes
peeled.

How did you and K.O Kane meet?
I used to run parties in Leeds and Kane used to DJ at parties in Leeds too, so we just ended up
getting together, really bonded and had a creative vision and wanted to throw parties together. I
brought him in on Sleepin is Cheatin INSOMNIA, which we host every Saturday at Mission in Leeds,
and together it went from strength to strength.

What’s been your ultimate anthem this summer? 
Fisher – Losing It – it’s a tune! Such a tech-house anthem.  I think he’s a great artist.

How would you describe the feeling you get when you walk out on stage? 
It’s honestly one of the best feelings in the world, nothing compares to the buzz you get from the
energy in the crowd and to hear the crowd sing your lyrics back to you is like nothing else.

What was it like DJing inside the Love Island villa and did you have a favourite couple?
Ha! It was mad – such a good experience. I wanted to party with them!  The Islanders went crazy and
some of the cast members rushed to speak to me, but it wasn’t allowed by the producers. I wasn’t
allowed to interact with them and they couldn’t interact with me. I didn’t think they knew who I was
and then they started trying to pull me off the decks and dance with me. Good villa, good party!

What’s your favourite VK flavour and what would your dream flavour be? 
I’m looking forward to trying the new watermelon one and I’d like to see a cherry cola one. I bet
that’d be nice.

Best record to end the night with? 
Heads Will Roll – A-Trak Remix always gets me moving.

Want a ticket? Head to this link!

This article is sponsored content from the Academy Music Group.