jakeoliver

Preview: Kurupt FM – The Warehouse Project

Everyone’s favourite pirate radio station – Kurupt FM – is set to deliver a knockout performance at The Warehouse Project, writes Jake Oliver
Photo: Kurupt FM @ Flickr (Leo Reynolds)

DJ Beats, MC Grindah, Steves and Chabuddy G are gearing up for their last tour ever – probably – taking everyone’s favourite pirate radio station on a whirlwind tour across the country. What better place for them to stop off for a massive party than at the equally legendary Warehouse Project on the 29th of November?

Following on from the immense success of critically acclaimed TV show ‘People Just Do Nothing’, the Brentford gang have proven themselves to be more than just comedic geniuses. Whilst still managing to inject some wry humour within their production, Kurupt FM have seamlessly transcended their ‘mockumentary’ status to become musical titans in their own rights.

Kurupt FM have managed to create a solid hybrid soundscape reminiscent of late 90s garage and 21st century grime, capturing that nostalgic brilliance that has won them fans far beyond their original TV audience. With a tremendous amount of bass, solid bars and fuzzy, distorted 808s, their Warehouse performance will undoubtedly stand out as one of the biggest events of the year.

They’re not performing alone – the night also boasts a phenomenally diverse line up. The legendary David Rodigan and rising grime artist Ghetts follow closely behind Kurupt FM on the bill, each bringing with them a collection of crowd-pleasing anthems that are sure to whip Store Street in to a frenzy.

Tickets are still available via The Warehouse Project’s website, but I’d advise you to hurry – with a line-up this immense, and with a headliner as brilliant as Kurupt FM, the show is on the precipice of selling out. Don’t miss your chance to be part of the movement.

Party Like Gatsby will see the O2 Ritz turned into a 1920s speakeasy

Party Like Gatsby returns to O2 Ritz after three long years with Soirée Royale – its biggest party yet!

Album review: Maja Lena pushes her musical boundaries on PLUTO

Maja Lena’s winning combination of folk drawing on electronic elements transports us to an imagined planet

Mogwai: “I feel our music, to the music world, is like a Louis Theroux documentary”

The Mancunion talk to Mogwai’s Barry Burns about the band’s 25 year career, spanning powerful live shows and soaring film scores

Pop for a Dying Planet: CMAT shares new single Mayday

A deep dive into the latest track, ‘Mayday’, from Irish singer-songwriter and rising star CMAT