livwhite

Preview: Live at Leeds

May the force of Live at Leeds’ final line-up announcement be with you as you decide which festivals to attend this year writes editor Olivia White
Preview: Live at Leeds
Photo: Authorised Press Shot

Live at Leeds (LaL) returns to the industrial streets of the vibrant northern city to deliver the day festival’s 12th year – celebrating not only some of the alternative music industry’s hottest acts, but also acting as a widely appreciated platform for new artists to showcase their talent.

After a highly anticipated string of line up announcements, Live at Leeds have finally concluded their completed poster seeing the reigning yet newly transformed indie-techno outfit Sundara Karma, the Bedford-born hotly tipped and 2018 Rising Star Award nominee Tom Grennan as headliners and finally, hosts a top slot to one of England’s most successful new wave, electronic pop bands Metronomy.

Arguably, even more exciting is the range of upcoming artists that you can catch at Live at Leeds. Spanning across an eclectic mix of genres ranging from dance music, grunge and pop to hitting the shores of the oncoming punk wave resurgence, Live at Leeds has a line up which is sure to quench all your musical desires just before summer festival season hits.

Smaller yet undeniably some of the most talented acts in the current industry who are also set to perform at the festival include Sports Team, Lice, Dream Wife, Goat Girl, Fuzzy Sun, and Confidence Man.

Hop from venue to venue across Leeds City Centre whether it’s from the standing stalls of the airier Leeds O2 Academy to Leeds’ most beloved and intimate venue, the Brudenell Social Club. LaL really does offer its visitors a busy, ambient and diverse experience. One that will undoubtedly leave you just that notch short of feeling fulfilled so you’ll be scouring their social media pages for any sign of next year’s line up before long.

Live at Leeds will also have a feed of any updates, secret sets and timings sent straight to your phone on the weekend of the festival at the click of your finger as you can download the LaL app.

Live at Leeds will take place on 4th May, more information and tickets can be found on their website.

Live review: Renée Rapp at the O2 Apollo

On the heels of her recent success as Regina George in the Mean Girls reboot, Renée Rapp performed in Manchester for the first time and what a night it was

Album review: The Foyer Project – In: Static

Dark, dramatic, devastating: the experimental, UoM-student-produced album has been remixed and reissued alongside a selection of previously-unreleased tracks

Everything Everything: “I’m just trying to reflect the effect of this system on humanity”

In advance of ‘Mountainhead’, Jonathan from Everything Everything talks to us about Manchester bands, capitalist realism, Stockport, and staying experimental

The 1975 live in Manchester: A romantic night at the arena

British pop-rock band, The 1975, brought their highly talked about ‘At their very best’ show back to the UK after a year, rebranded as ‘Still…At their very best’