jaydarcy
22nd April 2022

Aha! Alan Partridge comes to Manchester

Stratagem, starring Steve Coogan as Alan Partridge, plays at Manchester’s AO Arena as part of its UK tour
Aha! Alan Partridge comes to Manchester
Photo: Phil McIntyre Live Ltd and Baby Cow Productions.

Love him or loathe him, we all love Alan Partridge.

“Over a multi-decade broadcasting career, this wonderful and surprisingly well-read man has brought delight to millions. And now, in a country riven with discord and disease, Alan is touring the country with a message of hope.

Stratagem with Alan Partridge is a live stage show starring the award-winning, multi-hyphenate Steve Coogan as the iconic – yes – Alan Partridge. The show promises to inform, educate and entertain, in approximately equal measure.

Wearing a head mix favoured by TED talkers, market hawkers, TV evangelists, backing singers and carnival barkers, Alan combines all these roles and more. It’s a manifesto for the way we can move forward, a roadmap to a better tomorrow, an ABC for the way to be.

Stratagem sees Alan treading (or, rather, pounding) the boards, atop stages graced by such luminaries as Michael Ball, Jack Whitehall, and Welsh rockers the Stereophonics.

The show is devised, written, choreographed, performed and funded by – you guessed it – Alan Partridge.

So, join Alan live on stage – though patrons are asked not to join Alan live onstage – as he brings Stratagem to a city or selected good-sized town near you (or not near you).

Stratagem plays at Manchester’s AO Arena on 13th and 14th May, before continuing its UK tour until early June – ending with three nights at London’s O2 Arena on 31st May and 1st and 3rd June.

Jay Darcy

Jay Darcy

Theatre Editor. Instagram & Twitter: @jaydarcy7. Email: [email protected].

Eyes Wide Shut 25 years on: A feast for the eyes, a nightmare for the mind

As part of Cultplex’s on-going Movie Church series, fans of Stanley Kubrick’s Eyes Wide Shut celebrate his beautifully nightmare-ish film 25 years on

Mothers’ Instinct review: How far will you go to protect your family?

Academy Award Winners Anne Hathaway and Jessica Chastain have a 1960s face-off in this eerie, twisted game of cat-and-mouse

42 Balloons review: An inspiring musical about dreams, sacrifices and a lawn chair

Charlie McCullagh’s and Evelyn Hoskins’ elevated chemistry blew us away

My formative film: Sprinkles of Stardust can be seen everywhere

How Ian McKellan’s narration, Robert De Niro in drag, and Mark Strong in a matted wig makes Stardust the perfect fantasy film