millieesmesheppard
1st June 2022

John Digweed is set to DJ at Manchester Cathedral

A preview of John Digweed at Manchester Cathedral on 3rd June.
Photo: John Digweed @ JBM Music

Celebrate the beginning of summer with an immersive DJ set from John Digweed at Manchester Cathedral. The first event for the new clubbing enterprise Manchester 360°, a 5-hour party takes over the medieval church.

Manchester 360° is launching a series of new rave experiences. The event debuts a new layout inspired by Paris 360°, which stages the DJ in the middle of the space. Putting audience members first, this change in design means that attendees get phenomenal sound quality no matter where they are. Headlined by the iconic John Digweed, the first event is set for June 3rd.

Digweed, who heads the Bedrock label, has been pioneering in the electronic music scene for over 30 years. Known for his sleek mixing technique and trance style, Digweed’s ability to build mood makes him the perfect fit for this event in the atmospheric cathedral.

The historic Cathedral boasts breath-taking architecture. Built in 1215, beautiful 135ft ceilings accompany stained glass windows and for this night only an impressive sound system. This is set to be a rave experience like no other.

The event runs from 5 pm-11 pm, and Digweed treats us with a complete 3-hour set. He will be supported by sets from 09 Liverpool and Hush Hush Leeds residents.

Don’t miss out on this experience and grab a final release ticket for £33 here.

Fat White Family’s Lias Saoudi is circling around the Post-Punk cul-de-sac

Now that Fat White family have returned with ‘Forgiveness Is Yours’, lead-singer Lias Saoudi has a lot more to say about post-punk, lyricism, and being a Londoner

Peter Bibby – Drama King: A tragic and unpredictable opus

Infusing the classic songwriting of Dylan and Springsteen with Australian wit and dive bar narratives, Peter Bibby’s latest album constantly surprises

Tenacious D live in Manchester: The metal bring the fire

Jack Black’s rock-comedy project Tenacious D stopped off in Manchester on their ‘Spicy Meatball’ tour, performing to 20,000 fans at the AO Arena

Sour Grapes Records’ ‘Meltchester’: Mancunion music community at its finest

Manchester’s own Sour Grapes Records brings Meltchester to town again at Projekts Skatepark