rosinaread

Credit: FuseFM

Tickets for Alive! Festival are out now on the Students’ Union website.

The student-run festival is set to return on June 6, the third time the event has been held in recent years.

The event will take place over 5 stages, with 30 students bands and DJs, and over 100 students involved. As described by  the event will, according to William Clark-Steel, Station Manager at Fuse FM, fully “[take] over the SU.”

A variety of student creativity will be highlighted, with student musicians and a stage dedicated to spoken word.

The event coincides with the University of Manchester’s bicentenary event, “Universally Manchester Festival.” The festival is set to offer 150+ events across campus from June 6 to 9.

The last Alive! festival was held in October, with artists such as Sharkey Sounds, RIxY, and Half Priced Dream, all of whom are set to return this June.

Fuse FM’s coverage of the festival in October made the shortlist for the Students’ Union Arts and Media Best MMG project this month.

Issy Hatton-Williams, Deputy Station Manager at Fuse FM, is in charge of the décor for this Alive festival. She told The Mancunion, “We have a whole new theme this year – Solstice – so look out for some gorgeous themed stages, promo, and even some actors mingling around on the night!”

“Our bookings team have been working hard at bringing the best student talent from across Manchester to your doorstep, so don’t miss out.”

Issy talked about other new aspects of this festival, including wristbands, T-shirts, and other merchandise. “Our hope for this Alive Festival,” she said, “is to transform our project into something that feels like a living, breathing festival.”

Early bird tickets are out now for £6.

“What are you waiting for?” says Issy. “This is going to be the hottest night of the year.”

Universally Manchester festival: details released for the bicentenary celebrations

The bicentenary festival is set to run from June 6 to 9 with 150+ events across campus