Blind Date

It’s back.

With a huge increase in under 25’s joining online dating sites and more sites than ever to choose from (…Match.com, eHarmony, Plenty of Fish, SaveMeFromDyingAloneWithCats.net) it looks like it might time to get back to the basics first brought to us by our Cilla.

Forget online profiles, computerised compatibilities or um-ing and ah-ing about what photo to display to the online dating world. Get back out there and embrace in some human interaction and conversation. Save yourself from having to condense your life history, hopes and dreams into 300 words. Rise from your wheelie computer chair and embrace the great outdoors.

Sound scary? Never fear there is no need to go it alone. The Lifestyle editorial team is here to assist you and your dating needs, with the return of The Mancunion’s most popular feature, Blind Date!

So are you looking for a like minded individual to roam Platt Fields hand-in-hand with? Seeking a pint drinking partner or someone to romantically sweep you off to Orange Wednesdays? Or are you just after a free meal?

Sign up by e mailing your full name, year of study, course and phone number to [email protected] with ‘blind date’ as the subject header. Then just sit back and wait for happily ever after to become a reality…

Did you know that there’s a spa under Simon Building

Rumour has it that deep in the depths of UoM lies a hidden spa. Why? We cannot say. But should you embark on an adventure to find it? Absolutely.

Three years at university: What have I learnt?

As the academic year draws to a close, here are some of the more unexpected lessons I have learnt from three years at Manchester University

How do we tackle the student loneliness crisis?

At a university where 45,000 students cross paths every day, it should be impossible to feel lonely

Keeping on top of the news cycle: How to stay up to date as a student

Being a student can mean an incredibly busy schedule, so how can you make time to find out what’s happening in the world?