Introducing the NEW Societies section

Welcome to a new section, dedicated entirely to Societies at the University of Manchester
Introducing the NEW Societies section

That’s right folks, there’s a new kid in town; A brand spanking new section dedicated entirely to societies! So much great stuff goes on which no-one gets to hear about, so this year we’re giving societies the coverage they deserve.

I’m Ceri and I’ll be editing the section. Each week I’ll be bringing you news, information and features sharing what’s out there, what’s been going on and what’s coming up. There will be regular ‘Society Spotlights’ where a society gets the chance to give you an insight into what they do and how you can get involved, along with event listings so you can keep an eye on what’s on each week.

I’m also aiming to fit in interviews, insider info and important information for society organisers so that everyone can stay informed and engaged.

As editor, my part in all of this is to give you the space to shout about what you do and to find out what you want to know! Ultimately, this page is all about linking you to the societies you want to know more about, or ones you may never even have known existed, so that you can get involved and make the most of your time at university.

We want as many of you engaged as possible, whether it’s through joining a society, starting a new one or contributing here. So whether you’re a society organizer, a student, a wannabe contributor or you’ve just got a great idea about what we should be doing, then get in touch! Contact me at [email protected], or on facebook at ‘The Mancunion: Societies 2011-2012.’

I’ll also be busy running around the Freshers’ Fair introducing myself so keep an eye out.

Review: Scooby Doo: The Panto (UoM Panto Society)

Jessica Hamilton reviews Scooby Doo: The Panto at Manchester Academy 2
Missing Money, Broken Membership System: Societies’ Rising Discontent With Student’s Union

UoM’s society committees draw light on a frustrating year of operating under lockdown restrictions alongside an unresponsive Student’s Union
Join Fashion Soc’s Fashion Business Panel Discussion

The University of Manchester’s Fashion society’s fashion business panel discussion with industry speakers
International Women’s Day: Join Women In Business Society’s Female Founders of Manchester Panel

Women in Business society is hosting a panel event highlighting female business owners in Manchester.