lily-howes

Blind date: Rob and Rosie

Will things turn out all Rosie for this social sciences couple? Or will he Rob her heart on this week’s blind date?
Blind date: Rob and Rosie

Rob, Accounting and Finance (and BA Econ Society President!), Third year

What were you first impressions?

Friendly and nice smile

What did you talk about?

A whole bunch of stuff: travels, good nights out in Manchester, the embarrasement of going the wrong way to find the loo, and working out how we could get a Wills & Kate calendar off the crazy beardy quiz guy

Best thing about them?

Really easy to have a chat with almost like we had known each other

What did you eat?

As it was paid for, obviously the most expensive thing! Steak with a brownie for dessert

Any awkwardness?

Managed to catch my drink after nearly knocking it out of my hand….though, I hope she didn’t write anything here!?

How did you part ways?

Did the standard gentleman approach by waiting at the bus stop until the Magic Bus came..glamorous but there was a casual hug at the end

Out of 10?

8

Would you see them again?

Hope to see her around

Rosie, Politics and Modern History, Second year

What were your first impressions?

Oh, that’s not the photographer then.

What did you talk about?

Everything, where we wanted to go travelling but hadn’t, what we wanted to do in Manchester but hadn’t. His penchant for fancy dress and our mutual appreciation of BOP. Families and what it’s like to grow up in the middle of nowhere and how we both clearly need to improve our geography as we had no idea where the others home town was.

Best thing about them?

He was so easy to talk to, and his being comfortable made me much more comfortable which definitely helped. He also stole a wagon wheel and didn’t judge me for drinking a pint.

What did you eat?

We both ordered the most expensive thing on the menu- steak salad, and a massive sundae I couldn’t finish.

Any awkwardness?

I don’t think so; I went the wrong way to the toilet which was vaguely embarrassing.

How did you part ways?

Classic hug.

Out of 10?

8

Would you see them again?

Probably will, in BOP, or one of the millions of places we convinced ourselves we’d actually go to this year.

Rob and Rosie ate at The Deaf Institute, Grosvenor Street, Manchester. Visit their website www.thedeafinstitute.co.uk to check out their menu, gig listings and have a look at what club nights are coming up.

To sign up for blind date please e mail your name, year of study and course to [email protected] with ‘blind date’ as the subject.

Lily Howes

Lily Howes

Former Lifestyle Editor at The Mancunion (2011-2012). English Literature and Drama graduate. Originally from Croydon, South London. If you don’t fancy being hounded to sign up for Blind Date then do avoid me at all costs (however if you are interested in taking part then e mail [email protected])

A student-friendly guide to exploring Leeds

Only an hour train journey away from Manchester, Leeds is another great student city well worth a visit!
What’s on in Manchester this July?

What’s on in Manchester this July?

Check out what’s happening in Manchester this July with our guide! We’ve got club nights, culture kicks, music madness and more.
A Fresher’s Guide to: Fallowfield halls

A Fresher’s Guide to: Fallowfield halls

The Mancunion has compiled a comprehensive guide to Fallowfield Halls of Residences to help freshers pick their new home.
A student guide to Sheffield

A student guide to Sheffield

Spending the Summer in Manchester? Find out what Sheffield has to offer as part of our student-friendly travel guide