• Societies
  • Get your work published with the Institute of Public Policy Research

ceri-wills

Get your work published with the Institute of Public Policy Research

Do your academic interests cover Global Politics and the Environment? Would you like to get your work published? This is a perfect chance for you to get your work in print and contribute to the esteemed literature of a leading public policy think-tank.   The University of Manchester has joined a national partnership between selected […]
Do your academic interests cover Global Politics and the Environment? Would you like to get your work published? This is a perfect chance for you to get your work in print and contribute to the esteemed literature of a leading public policy think-tank.

The University of Manchester has joined a national partnership between selected UK universities and IPPR (Institute of Public Policy Research). Every year, [email protected] publishes a prestigious policy journal ‘Metis’ and the theme this year is Global Politics and the Environment.

We at [email protected] are asking you to submit a 1500 word policy paper arguing for a specific policy change relating to global politics and the environment. Deadline for submissions is 17th January 2012 but we welcome you to submit a 200 word abstract or working title to us at [email protected] before  9th December 2011 to express your interest. Don’t worry if it’s just an idea- we’d really like to hear from you. 

[email protected] want to give you the best chance of getting your article published so we have arranged a ‘How to write a policy article’ workshop with IPPR Research Fellow – Jenni ViitanenThis workshop will contain lots of useful tips, practical activities and a chance for you to ask questions to Jenni, who has a wealth of experience in writing policy articles. Please email [email protected]com to secure your place. We look forward to hearing from you!
Ceri Wills

Ceri Wills

Former Societies editor (2011-2012).

Review: Scooby Doo: The Panto (UoM Panto Society)

Jessica Hamilton reviews Scooby Doo: The Panto at Manchester Academy 2
Missing Money, Broken Membership System: Societies’ Rising Discontent With Student’s Union

UoM’s society committees draw light on a frustrating year of operating under lockdown restrictions alongside an unresponsive Student’s Union
Join Fashion Soc’s Fashion Business Panel Discussion

The University of Manchester’s Fashion society’s fashion business panel discussion with industry speakers
International Women’s Day: Join Women In Business Society’s Female Founders of Manchester Panel

Women in Business society is hosting a panel event highlighting female business owners in Manchester.