georgia-stevenson

New years dread

The annual, dreaded conversation comes round again
New years dread

It’s getting to that time of year again: hurried phone calls, “casual” texts and subtly probing conversations start. “What are your plans for New Years?”

It is one night of the year that the only thing worse than going out is staying in. The extra pressure to have the best night EVER and yes you know it, start the year as you mean to go on.

So if this means watching The X Factor in your onesie with a tub of ice-cream in one hand and a bottle of wine in the other, I dread to know what 2012 will have in store.

Once an appropriate event is selected the competition really starts, subtle yet determined as everyone earmarks exactly who they will be kissing at midnight. Remember, if you pick a shocker then you may as well go to bed for 2012. Better luck next year.

New Year is the end.  It marks the end of Christmas festivities and heralds the start of work, a new diet or the realisation of how unprepared you are for looming January exams. All the time accompanied by the mantra: new year, new you. No pressure then.

A student-friendly guide to exploring Leeds

Only an hour train journey away from Manchester, Leeds is another great student city well worth a visit!
What’s on in Manchester this July?

What’s on in Manchester this July?

Check out what’s happening in Manchester this July with our guide! We’ve got club nights, culture kicks, music madness and more.
A Fresher’s Guide to: Fallowfield halls

A Fresher’s Guide to: Fallowfield halls

The Mancunion has compiled a comprehensive guide to Fallowfield Halls of Residences to help freshers pick their new home.
A student guide to Sheffield

A student guide to Sheffield

Spending the Summer in Manchester? Find out what Sheffield has to offer as part of our student-friendly travel guide