katie-shepherd

Preview: Beatwolf Records Presents… Strangers

Music magazine & soon-to-be radio station, Beatwolf, bring their newly signed band, Strangers to The Castle Hotel.

Beatwolf Records Presents… Strangers
Castle Hotel
March 10th

Beatwolf Records is hosting a night this coming Saturday March 10th at The Castle Hotel, showcasing their newly signed band Strangers. With ownership of an upcoming Manchester radio station (to be run by Mike Joyce of The Smiths) and a music magazine already in wide circulation, the Beatwolf label is now working to expand their exposure through live events featuring their signed artists.

Based in London and headliners for the night, Strangers have a sound reminiscent of Depeche Mode while still maintaining the relevance of a modern electro/synth-pop group. The band’s recently recorded single ‘Shine On’ carries a richness created by the use of synthesizer and strong bass yet remains lyrically simple. With an anthem-like chorus and a driving rhythm, the single to be released in mid-April stays true to the sounds Strangers produced on their previous EPs. The three piece band have already begun to establish a haunting persona balanced by the lightness of a dreamlike essence.

Strangers will be joined on the night by The Ghosts, another synth-pop group comparable to a mash up of Passion Pit and Duran Duran. Energy-fuelled musicians, they create a sound that breathes fresh life to the 80s pop revival scene. Also on the night’s line up, Love for Zero offer a less pop, more rock approach to their synth-based music. Both opening acts offer a great set up for the headlining performance by Strangers.

Be sure to join Beatwolf Records this coming Saturday at The Castle Hotel as they host what should prove to be a night of promising new music.

For the Facebook event, click here.