ceri-wills
3rd May 2012

Pieboy Clothing Launches New Range

PieBoy Clothing are back again helping change Uni Clothing for the better. With the launch of a new line of various t-shirts, sweat pants and with a varsity jacket in the pipelines the future promises to be very exciting for PieBoy as its current range is extending significantly. With the recent Shell LiveWire Big Idea […]

PieBoy Clothing are back again helping change Uni Clothing for the better. With the launch of a new line of various t-shirts, sweat pants and with a varsity jacket in the pipelines the future promises to be very exciting for PieBoy as its current range is extending significantly.

With the recent Shell LiveWire Big Idea Enterprise Award under their belt and with some amazing feedback coming from various quarters of the student and University population founder Andrew Jervis thought it was time to step things up. “We’ve been lucky enough to create an exceptional team and work with some amazing organisations so the time seemed right to take on a bigger challenge with the launch of a larger more varied range! The future is most definitely exciting!”

With a new product range that has an air of American varsity tied with the spirit of Manchester, the PieBoy offering is certainly giving some thing much more exciting than the generic hoodys and t-shirts that students are currently exposed to. With rising tuition fees and with students demanding more for their money could this signify the dawn of a new era of Uni merch? With players like PieBoy stepping into the market then there is a real possibility we could to see a new wave of Uni merch similar to the American college model where it is much more common place to see students regularly wearing the brands of their college on and off campus.

If the launch of the new range wasn’t enough, PieBoy have also got a brand new ecommerce website (pieboyclothing.co.uk) to make it even easier to get merchandise straight to your door. Taking about the new site Andrew was certainly passionate “We’ve got some seriously talented web guys on the team and we’ve managed to make some thing that really shows off the full range and makes for just a nicer all round online experience to what we had”. On top of this the team have launched have also launched a new night and fashion guide, the142 in collaboration with SmashUni, and are working with Manchester Entrepreneurs on the Manchester Apprentice, which is running University wide this week.

So what’s in line for the future for PieBoy? With the launch of a new range the team don’t seem to be content to sit on their laurels and are excited about the creation of a sister brand, thread 52 (thread52.com). A brand new concept in t-shirt consumption thread52 will offer a one off iconic t-shirt each week capturing a significant and comical event from the current news circulating in the last 7 days. Either way the t-shirts promise to have a real edge and provide that ideal conversation starter.

Ceri Wills

Ceri Wills

Former Societies editor (2011-2012).

In conversation with the Feminist Collective: “It’s about making sure that no one’s voice goes unheard”

The Mancunion sat down with the University of Manchester’s Feminist Collective to talk about their society values, their plans for the year ahead, and intersectional feminism

Review: Tiramisu (UMDS)

Tiramisu, which was performed at the University of Manchester SU, is an excellently existential adaptation of Annie Baker’s The Antipodes

Review: Skies in the Cloud (UMDS)

Skies in the Cloud exhibits intimate and ethereal themes, showcasing the talent of UMDS students

Review: Stump (UMDS)

The Mancunion reviews Stum, performed by the University of Manchester Drama Society at The Brewers in Gay Village