tom-geddes

Preview: Bloodstock Festival

A small, tight-knit festival where, if you like the music, you’re bound to run in to somebody you know at every turn.

Bloodstock
9th-12th August
Catton Hall

Tickets: £115 w/Camping

Perhaps this is the most niche festival you’re going to see on these pages, but Bloodstock, at least for the metalest of metalheads, is holy ground.  The independent ‘true metal’ festival has been going since 2001 and has recently managed to pull in biggish names. This year, they’ve bagged Alice Cooper for this spot, as well as Behemoth and an as yet unrevealed headliner – we’ll have to wait until 6PM on the 6th June to find that out.

Others on this heavy, heavy line-up include Testament, Dimmu Borgir, Watain and Hatebreed as well as Orange Goblin, Corrosion of Conformity and Anvil further down the ranks. Whichever way you look at it, there’s going to be little to no chance of delicate numbers all weekend.

Much smaller than your average festival, Bloodstock delivers what it promises. A small, tight-knit festival where, if you like the music, you’re bound to run in to somebody you know at every turn.

Visit the Bloodstock website for more details.

Tom Geddes

Tom Geddes

Former Music Columnist (2011-2012).

Live at Leeds in the Park preview: Ringing in the north’s festival season

Live at Leeds returns once again for 2024 – find out all you need to know here!

Adrianne Lenker live in Manchester: Beauty in simplicity from a generational talent

Big Thief frontperson Adrianne Lenker brought her solo show to Castlefield’s Aviva Studios, gifting the audience simple snippets of grace and serenity

Bleachers live in Manchester: Fan-centric show from the studio to the stage

The Jack Antonoff-fronted six-piece, Bleachers, break the fourth wall at their Manchester O2 Ritz show equipped with theatric production but packed with earnest, artist to audience interactions

The Pleasure Dome present ‘Liminal Space’: A surprisingly varied punk rock powerhouse

Bristolian rockers The Pleasure Dome return with their newest EP ‘Liminal Space’ to demonstrate their musical versatility