tom-geddes

Preview: Bloodstock Festival

A small, tight-knit festival where, if you like the music, you’re bound to run in to somebody you know at every turn.
Preview: Bloodstock Festival

Bloodstock
9th-12th August
Catton Hall

Tickets: £115 w/Camping

Perhaps this is the most niche festival you’re going to see on these pages, but Bloodstock, at least for the metalest of metalheads, is holy ground.  The independent ‘true metal’ festival has been going since 2001 and has recently managed to pull in biggish names. This year, they’ve bagged Alice Cooper for this spot, as well as Behemoth and an as yet unrevealed headliner – we’ll have to wait until 6PM on the 6th June to find that out.

Others on this heavy, heavy line-up include Testament, Dimmu Borgir, Watain and Hatebreed as well as Orange Goblin, Corrosion of Conformity and Anvil further down the ranks. Whichever way you look at it, there’s going to be little to no chance of delicate numbers all weekend.

Much smaller than your average festival, Bloodstock delivers what it promises. A small, tight-knit festival where, if you like the music, you’re bound to run in to somebody you know at every turn.

Visit the Bloodstock website for more details.

Tom Geddes

Tom Geddes

Former Music Columnist (2011-2012).

The Most Wuthering Heights Day Ever was the most wonderfully strange day of my life

Jessica Hamilton attends The Most Wuthering Heights Day Ever at Holyrood Park
Pixies play intimate show at Band on the Wall, Manchester

Head Music Editor Sarah Taylor went along to Pixies’ 500-capacity charity secret show at Band on the Wall.
Sorry Announce New Album With ‘Let The Lights On’

Molly Gregson reviews the new track from London post-punks Sorry.
In Conversation with the Reytons

In Conversation with the Reytons

Dan Knight interviews The Reytons, discussing musical influences, band names, gigs and the growth of the band.