hugo-nicholson

Preview: Hideout Festival

Set to become a mainstay on the overseas festival circuit, Hideout can surely equal anything a UK festival can offer, and then some.

Hideout
29th June – 1st July
Zrce Beach, Isle of Pag, Croatia

Tickets: £99 with camping

Having enjoyed a sell-out debut in 2011, Hideout Festival returns to Croatia’s beautiful Dalmatian coast this summer, boasting another enticing line up featuring the likes of Ricardo Villalobos, Loco Dice, Art Department, and Julio Bashmore (as well as not-so-special guest Skrillex). This year’s boat parties appear equally alluring, and feature, among others, Manchester’s own Zutekh and Drop the Mustard as hosts (though the Crosstown Rebels’ party looks set to be a high point).

Along with its sublime line up, the prospect of the festival’s sublime location is a considerable draw; most people would probably take the white pebbles and clear waters of Zrce beach on the sunny Isle of Pag over a field of shit in Yorkshire. At £99 per ticket for three days of sublime music, Hideout promises to be superb value for money, especially in comparison to many UK festivals (£195 for a Secret Garden Party ticket is, frankly, absurd), and cheaper than some of its high-profile Croat contemporaries such as Soundwave and Outlook.

Visit the Hideout website for more details.

Party Like Gatsby will see the O2 Ritz turned into a 1920s speakeasy

Party Like Gatsby returns to O2 Ritz after three long years with Soirée Royale – its biggest party yet!

Album review: Maja Lena pushes her musical boundaries on PLUTO

Maja Lena’s winning combination of folk drawing on electronic elements transports us to an imagined planet

Mogwai: “I feel our music, to the music world, is like a Louis Theroux documentary”

The Mancunion talk to Mogwai’s Barry Burns about the band’s 25 year career, spanning powerful live shows and soaring film scores

Pop for a Dying Planet: CMAT shares new single Mayday

A deep dive into the latest track, ‘Mayday’, from Irish singer-songwriter and rising star CMAT