katie-shepherd

Preview: Parklife Festival

Only a few weeks left now until what will most likely be the third-annual sold out Parklife Weekender.

Parklife Weekender
9- 10 June
Platt Fields Park, Manchester

Weekend tickets: £64.50 

Only a few weeks left now until what will most likely be the third-annual sold out Parklife Weekender here in Manchester. On June 9th and 10th, Platt Fields Park will be home once again to the two days of debauchery coupled with this year’s stacked lineup. No doubt, well-known names like Nero, Dizzee Rascal, Justice, and The Flaming Lips will draw crowds, but it’s the names in smaller print on the flyer that have most people talking.

Newer arists like Tom Vek , Delilah, and Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs are destined to have successful performances based off the buzz around them while DJs such as Annie Mac and electronic music artists like Gold Panda will be the main sounds coming off the stages.

With what appears to be an immense list of dance and heavy hitting music, Noah and The Whale are definitely the wild card in the mix. Granted, their oh-so-catchy ‘L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N.’ will more than likely reel in those interested in a good old fashioned sing-along if Azealia Banks’ “Imma ruin you, cunt” doesn’t do the trick.

Kudos for good planning if you managed to get a ticket and look forward to what promises to be a great weekend.

Visit the Parklife website for more details.

Liam Gallagher and John Squire: Not quite a match made in Britpop Heaven

After the much anticipated collaboration between Oasis’ Liam Gallagher and John Squire, of Stone Roses fame, the LP ‘Liam Gallagher and John Squire’ ultimately falls flat

International Women’s Day at Radio 6 Music Festival: Gossip headline CMAT and Afrodeutsche

Artists Gossip, CMAT, and Afrodeutsche were on the line-up at BBC 6 Music Festival for a musical celebration of International Women’s Day

Young Fathers bring community together at 6 Music Festival

Young Fathers, Hak Baker, and Sherelle launch the first day of 6 Music Festival, situated for a second year in Manchester

Snow Strippers live at The White Hotel: The industrial EDM future is in good hands

The Florida duo Snow Strippers are successfully reviving a lost EDM sound which infected pop music throughout the late 2000s and early 2010s. Here they came to Manchester to showcase this new, revised sound in the dark, dingy White Hotel in Salford