daniel-jones
12th June 2012

Preview: Creamfields 2012

If it’s a European-style dance festival with a Scouse accent you’re after, there’s only one choice this summer.

Creamfields
24/25/26 August
Daresby, Cheshire

Tickets: £145 for the weekend (incl. camping)

Having already been held in Buenos Aires, Lima and Melbourne this year, Cheshire’s own little slice of Ibiza returns on the August Bank Holiday weekend to host some of the biggest names across the dance music spectrum. It coincides with Reading and Leeds, but if you happen to prefer your bangers to your anthems, then I’d suggest checking out the line-up at the very least. It’s also fifty quid cheaper.

The Chemical Brothers, Avicii and Deadmau5 all headline, but it’s the sheer variety of acts over ten stages that is Creamfields’ major selling point. All bases of electronic music are covered, from trance to techno, jungle to electro, dubstep to drum and bass, and everything else in between. The Annie Mac Presents and Pryda stages look pretty big on the Saturday, hosting the likes of Maya Jane Coles, Mele, John Digweed, Erol Alkan and Gesaffelstein. The Sunday roster is just as good if not better; Seth Troxler, George FitzGerald, A-Trak, Loco Dice and Richie Hawtin all fall under the category of ‘must-see’.

Even in the likelihood that it’s grey, miserable and pissing it down, I’m sure the artificial sunlight created by Tiesto’s set will provide enough light pollution to brighten up everything within a 5-mile radius. It might not be everybody’s cup of Carling, but if you’re up for a European-style dance festival with a Scouse accent then there is definitely only one choice this summer.

Visit the Creamfields website for more details.

Bleachers live in Manchester: Fan-centric show from the studio to the stage

The Jack Antonoff-fronted six-piece, Bleachers, break the fourth wall at their Manchester O2 Ritz show equipped with theatric production but packed with earnest, artist to audience interactions

The Pleasure Dome present ‘Liminal Space’: A surprisingly varied punk rock powerhouse

Bristolian rockers The Pleasure Dome return with their newest EP ‘Liminal Space’ to demonstrate their musical versatility

bar italia live in Manchester: An embrace from ‘Tracey Denim’ and ‘The Twits’

bar italia gets the crowd ‘punkt’ with a fruitful return at Manchester’s Band on the Wall, sustaining their reputability after two successful albums

Big Foot’s EP ‘Smir’: Is the Activities and Culture Officer’s music any good?

Robbie Beale was elected because of his work with GABS. But how good is his band’s music?