jonathan-breen

Police hunt most wanted

Police release identities of Greater Manchester’s most dangerous criminals, as a part of month-long crackdown Operation Harvest

Greater Manchester Police have revealed their most wanted criminals.

The identities of 33 men and 3 women were released in a new month-long crackdown called Operation Harvest, last Monday.

GMP are pursuing what they consider the most dangerous criminals, including drug dealers, sex offenders and violent thugs, and are urging the public to help with any information they have.

Assistant Chief Constable Terry Sweeney said: “Through Operation Harvest we are concentrating on bringing to justice the criminals that cause the most harm and misery to people in our county.

“I would urge people to support Operation Harvest by providing us information on the criminals on our website or those in their communities so we can stop them causing further harm.”

Here are five of the ‘most dangerous’ criminals:

Dale Cregan is the GMP’s most wanted criminal. The 29-year-old from the Tameside area is wanted in connection with a grenade attack and two shootings that killed David Short on 10 August in Clayton and Mr Short’s son Mark, at the Cotton Tree pub, Droylsden, on 25 May.

Lalmahmed Momahm, 21-year-old, from Oldham area is wanted in connection with the abduction of a 15-year-old girl on 17 March 2012 at an address on Cook Street in Oldham. The girl was later found safe and well.

Kashif Ghafoor, 32, from the Oldham area is wanted in connection with the supply of class A drugs on 1 August 2011 at an address on Warcock Road, Oldham.

Andrew Caffrey, 36, from North Manchester area is wanted for failing to appear in court for the supply of class A drugs on 1 August 2001.

Syed Abbas, 23, from the North Manchester area is wanted in court in connection with sex offences on 19 January 2012.

Operation Harvest is also targeting dangerous drivers and metal thieves.

“We will also be working to remove dangerous drivers from our roads to stop them putting their own lives and those of other road users at risk and targeting criminals using our roads to carry out illegal activities such as moving stolen metals and other goods,” said ACC Sweeney.

“People can follow what is happening through Operation Harvest to put law-breakers behind bars on our social media networks that include Twitter, Facebook and Flickr.”