harriet-hill-payne

Must see this week: 24th – 30th September

What to see in Manchester this week

Rogue Open Doors

Rogue is the largest independent studio group in the North West, don’t miss their open doors weekend showcasing everything from textiles and printmaking to interactive and installation art.

The First Cut

The First Cut at Manchester Art Gallery focuses on artists using paper as their primary material, and don’t forget to check out the Gallery of Costume as well for some delicate paper dresses and shoes.

Idents

Idents at Cornerhouse, by Daniel Fogarty, features a series of images, clay sculptures and a short film inspired by the decor of cinemas across the city.  

Walk through the Park

A walk through the park: catch the last of the September sun and have a wander through one of the city’s green spaces.

The Country Wife

The Country Wife at the Royal Exchange: billed as a rollicking farce, this could be just the thing to get you laughing.

A celebration of Jewish art in Manchester: Introducing Synagogue Scratch

This month, Synagogue Scratch is returning to Manchester Jewish Museum. The series represents a unique opportunity to enjoy new, groundbreaking performances by Jewish artists, in the museum’s beautifully preserved 1874 Synagogue.

Making Manchester #3: Eleanor Haigh

Performing across the UK from Edinburgh Fringe to London, Eleanor Haigh embraces the spotlight with a multitude of talent. She breaks down what draws her to the arts and the biggest challenges facing artists today.

Horoscopes: Art meets star signs

This week we’re helping you align your planets with paintings. Check out the artist whose style suits your star sign.

Making Manchester #2: Laurent Swyngedauw

Continuing our Mancunian series, Laurent Swyngedauw tells us the best spots for capturing great shots in Manchester, and how make a photograph your own