kate-bullivant

Societies Events Listings – 2nd – 5th October

What’s on this week. Visit the website for more events and information: https://mancunion.com/category/societies/

SOCIETY EVENTS LISINTGS

Monday 1st October

PANTO SOCIETY – AUDITIONS

Club Undergroud, North Campus Student’s Union: 17 30 till late.

The Panto Society beginning of year auditions. Held in the Northern Campus, but there is a ‘walking bus’ leaving the University of Manchester Student’s Union at 5 30 if you feel you might get lost. It’s a chance you to meet them and vice versa, with some fun games, a bit of dance and some script reading.

STUDENT RUN SELF HELP (SRSH) – B-EAT

Student’s Union, Room 4: 16 30 – 17 30

B-eat’s first meeting, B-eat offers peer support for people with eating disorders.

‘We believe that students should always have the time and space to talk about mental health in a supportive environment.” SRSH

Tuesday 2nd October

PANTO SOCIETY  – Second day of Auditions

Club Undergroud, North Campus Student’s Union: 17 30 till late

ZUMBA CLASSES – £3

Student’s Union, Khaled Said Room/Council Chambers: 17 00 – 18 00

Women for Women International Soc hosts a weekly Zumba class for only £3.This amazing charity helps women of war all around the world, and all money raised goes straight to the charity.

Wednesday 3rd October

CIRCUS SKILLS

Burlington Society: 14 00 – 15 00

Circus Skills is an opportunity to do something different and fun with your Wednesday afternoon, anyone is welcome – whether you can juggle or not!

DANCE SOCIETY

Manchester University Student Union, Academy 2:  14 00 – 16 00

Manchester Street Dance Team Auditions.

Want to be part of a wicked prize-winning hip-hop dance team? NOW IS YOUR CHANCE! Come audition for your chance to be a part of this great opportunity to have fun, make new friends, perform, compete and most importantly DANCE!

Thursday 4th October

RAW MANCHESTER ROCKS SOCIETY

Hardy’s Well – Rusholme: 20 00 – 21 00

The Manchester Rocks Society has a weekly social from 8pm until late. Go along, have a drink and find out what they are all about.

In conversation with the Feminist Collective: “It’s about making sure that no one’s voice goes unheard”

The Mancunion sat down with the University of Manchester’s Feminist Collective to talk about their society values, their plans for the year ahead, and intersectional feminism

Review: Tiramisu (UMDS)

Tiramisu, which was performed at the University of Manchester SU, is an excellently existential adaptation of Annie Baker’s The Antipodes

Review: Skies in the Cloud (UMDS)

Skies in the Cloud exhibits intimate and ethereal themes, showcasing the talent of UMDS students

Review: Stump (UMDS)

The Mancunion reviews Stum, performed by the University of Manchester Drama Society at The Brewers in Gay Village